Startup Boot Camp for SF Entrepreneurs.
Venue Sponsor: Hot Studio
Food Sponsor: Vetesi Law
pizza, water, cokes, and beer
1:30PM Introduction & Opening Remarks
2:00PM Sessions Begin
- Sramana Mitra, Founder of 1 Million by 1 Million(Session 1)
- Olivia Vetesi, Founder of Vetesi Law Office(Session 2)
- Maria Guidice, Founder and CEO of Hot Studio(Session 3)
- David Cao, Serial Entrepreneur, Founder of SVEntrepreneurs & Startups, Founder & CEO at GWC, Earlier Stage Mobile Angel Investor(Session 4)
- Jason Coppola, Co-Founder of ReferralMD, Fellow in the Startup Leadership Program, Silicon Valley Chapter(Session 5)
>>> Session 1 (1 hour) <<<</strong>
Entrepreneur Dysfunctions - Bootstrapping and Positioning Topics
By Sramana Mitra, Founder of 1 Million by 1 Million
- Sramana Mitra is the founder of One Million by One Million (1M/1M), a global virtual incubator that aims to help one million entrepreneurs globally to reach $1 million in revenue and beyond. She is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and strategy consultant, she writes the blog Sramana Mitra On Strategy, and is author of the Entrepreneur Journeys book series and Vision India 2020. From 2008 to 2010, Mitra was a columnist for Forbes. As an entrepreneur CEO, she ran three companies: DAIS, Intarka, and Uuma. Sramana has a master’s degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
>>> Session 2 (30min) <<<</strong>
Legal Hurdles for Startups – top five legal hurdles and how to prepare for them
By Olivia Vetesi, Founder of Vetesi Law Office
- Olivia Vetesi is the founder of Vetesi Law Office, a San Francisco based law firm that specializes in representing startups and growth stage companies in incorporation, seed round financing, angel and VC financing, IP, and general business counseling. Olivia is committed to helping entrepreneurs and small businesses establish themselves, grow, and succeed. Olivia also organizes and co-hosts entrepreneurial events in the bay area for SV Entrepreneurs & Startups and SF Entrepreneurs & Startups. Olivia holds a double B.A. from the University of California Berkeley and her J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of the Law.
>>> Session 3 (30min) <<<</strong>
The Rise of the DEO – “DEO, or the “Design Executive Officer”, is a hybrid of a strategic business executive and a creative, problem solver who places design and creativity at the center of their organization. They are the catalysts for transformation and the agents of cultural change. As our world is at a crossroads, these new leaders are cutting through the old paradigms and creating new solutions for very challenging times. Maria Giudice will help you survey your own skillset in this area and help you focus on techniques, tactics and intuitions to unlock creativity and become a better business leader.
By Maria Guidice, Founder and CEO of Hot Studio
- Maria Giudice is the CEO and Founder of Hot Studio, Inc., a San Francisco-based, human-centered design studio dedicated to making the complex beautifully clear. In 2002, she was included in the book 1000 Most Creative Individuals in the USA. Maria has coauthored two best-selling books about web design: Web Design Essentials and Elements of Web Design. Since 1997 Maria has lead Hot Studio’s team of individuals dedicated to creating design systems that are both beautiful and highly functional. Maria has more than 20 years of experience working with and mentoring people from many different disciplines. Maria holds a degree from the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, and has spoken about design and the power of collaboration at conferences around the world.
>>> Session 4 (30min) <<<</strong>
Personal Branding for Founders
By David Cao, Serial Entrepreneur, Founder & CEO, GWC (US), Founder of SVEntrepreneurs & Startups
- For a more interactive session, David kindly requests that you review and submit this questionnaire.
>>> Session 5 (30min) <<<</strong>
Lean Startup – movement that’s transforming how new products are built and launched
By Jason Coppola, Co-Founder of ReferralMD, Fellow in the Startup Leadership Program, Silicon Valley Chapter
- Jason Coppola is the co-founder of Referral MD, a healthcare start-up focused on eliminating paper based communications and connecting primary care and specialist providers in a network that facilitates collaboration and improves the bottom line. Jason has over 15 years of experience in IT management. He has led large scale IT projects at Microsoft Corporation, the Boeing Company, and Hot Studio. His background includes technical design and development and managing projects using agile methodologies. Jason holds a B.A. from Skidmore College, a Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate, and is a Certified Scrum Master.