A well-designed user interface can make all the difference in whether those who visit your website or open your app come away having done what you want and feeling good about it. In this session we'll review common interface design issues and how to address them, comparing and contrasting the good, the bad, and the ugly of user interface design.
• Importance of a layout plan - and tips for a good one
• Intuitive data entry flow
• Navigation - make the journey easy and interesting
• Action-oriented language
• Effective use of colors and fonts
• Proper use of object/field types (radio buttons, check boxes, etc.)
• Website essentials
About the Speaker: Julia Ferguson spent much of her early career designing and building client-server and then web-based applications. She developed training courses on user interface design and frequently spoke at conferences on the subject. She now runs a consulting practice for a large software company, CA Technologies and is also a co-founder of Cowork Frederick.