Mid MD/PA Pathfinder Society and Frederick RPG Consortium Message Board › A year of classing gameing

A year of classing gameing

Tom H.
Ghandwerker
Frederick, MD
Post #: 10
SO, we are starting a year of games, once a month for a day or weekend - of the classics in their original or modified to modern edition forms.

Tomb of Horrors, Barrier Peeks, Temple of Elemental Evil, White Plume Mountain, Red Hand of Evil, you know..the greats.

Question is: Can you think of any greats that should be on the list?

Gene and Steve - The Haven Guys
Bryan C.
Dakhran
Rockville, MD
Post #: 188
Oooh, White Plume Mountain is one of my faves!

If you do Temple of Elemental Evil, you have to follow it up with the A series, Scourge of the Slave Lords... especially A4, "In The Dungeons of the Slave Lords", that's a mod for REAL MEN, forget your wimpy Tomb of Horrors.

Then follow that up with Queen of the Spiders, which combines all of the G, D, and Q series modules into one massive mega module of ultimate power.

Another excellent one is Dungeonland, where the characters fall down the rabbit hole into a very familiar place...but not exactly the same...

Here's some more I like:
The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
Castle Amber
Terry L. C.
Castman
Jefferson, MD
Post #: 15
I still have several copies of Barrier Peaks. Was the first multi night came of D&D I ever played.

My nephew lost the copy where I translated the alien language. :(
A former member
Post #: 2
The S series of mods was just great... brings back lots of memories like after the first 10 minutes of our first Tomb of Horrors we had a TPK... had to have the DM revive all of us just to have something to do the rest of the night...

Don't forget the original Ravenloft...