DANCE LESSONS AND PERFORMANCES!
- There will be FREE lessons being offered at two different times taught by MetaMovements staff.
- Lessons for all levels on all floors: 6-6:30pm.
- Then, party and dance to the best salsa music from 6:30-9pm with DJ Hernan and fantastic guests!
- A great mix of classic and new salsa - and a little bachata too!
- Additional lessons for Beginners on the back floors start at 7:15pm (party continues on the main floor).
- Also, you won't want to miss the performances at 8:15pm
A PARK WITH A DANCE FLOOR!
We take over the patio in front of the Blackstone Community Center, and it fills with[masked] salsa-lovers each week! There will be 2-3 dance floors available so there will be plenty of place to dance under the stars. Dance floors are provided by SalsaBoston.com. In case of rain, we move inside the community center.
Salsa in the Park is located in the Blackstone Community Center park at the corner of W. Brookline St., and Washington St, Boston (South End).
Look for the community center and the basketball courts, and we will be right next to them! (The fountain is visible from where we are, directly across W Brookline St from us.)
And if it rains, we'll be inside the Blackstone Community Center, right next to the park!
- On-Street parking available. Shawmut Ave. usually has plenty of spaces.
- Orange line to Back Bay, exit Dartmouth Street side (it's about a 10 minute walk). Take a left on Dartmouth and continue, until you cross over Tremont St. and it becomes W. Dedham St, then go right on Shawmut Ave., and left onto W. Brookline St.; walk down and the basketball courts, center & park are on your left.
- Silver Line (Washington St line): Get off at the Newton St. stop. You will be on Washington St. If you were coming from Dudley and towards Boylston, you will continue in the direction the bus is going for one more block, and take a left at W. Brookline; walk down and the basketball courts, center & park are on your right. If you were coming from Boylston and towards Dudley, you will walk back one block, and take a left on W. Brookline as described above.
- Take Bus #1 down Mass Ave. (from Harvard or Central Squares). Get off at Washington St, and take a left (heading towards downtown, away from Roxbury). Continue to W. Brookline St., and take a left; walk down and the basketball courts, center & park are on your right.