5:30 pm - Arrive Early - Setup the Room - Talk Freely
6:00 pm - Introductions
7:00 pm - "China's Geography and Demography: The People and Places of China" by Michael Macal Zhang
EXPERT TALK in TWO LANGUAGES
Speaker presents in first language, then translated into 2nd language OR
Expert speaks in BOTH languages - back and forth in each of the 2 languages
a few sentences in one language,
then a few sentences (same idea) in the other
- 8:00 pm - Break into Mandarin-speaking groups
- 8:00 pm - English Pronunciation Clinic
9:45 pm - Let's straighten up and get out of there.
* Mandarin speakers want to practice English?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston
just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
Our stable location is in Kresge 201 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health.
All Mandarin speakers (and English-speakers, too) need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail [masked] to register your intent
AND also sign YES on this meetup.
We would like your request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event. However, IF you sign up later, that could still inspire others to sign up and attend.
Requesting your building access should be done earlier, but you may still be able to get into the Harvard building.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.