This party is immediately following the Outlaw Dave Toy Run.
We need a good head count for the folks at Kilburn's, so please RSVP as soon as possible.
Here is a link to their menu:
Please bring a patch if you want to participate in the White Elephant Patch Exchange!
White elephant (also known as Stealing Santa, the Chinese Gift Exchange, and Yankee Swap) is a popular party game, especially during the holiday season.
How to Play the Game
1. The rules can vary but the most basic directions are below.
2. Everyone brings an inexpensive gift to the party. The gifts can follow a theme (theme examples are below).
3. All gifts should be wrapped with no outside markings. You shouldn't know who the gifts are from, what they are or who they are for.
4. Everyone puts their gift in a pile.
5. Everyone draws a number (1 to however many people are playing)
6. Number 1 goes first, picks and unwraps a gift.
7. Number 2 can pick another gift or "steal" an unwrapped gift. If an unwrapped gift is "stolen," the person it is stolen from can then "steal" or pick a wrapped gift.
8. The next person's turn occurs after a wrapped gift is open.
9. The game ends when all gifts are unwrapped.Rules
All of these rules are optional but should be decided on before the game starts.
1. A gift can not be "stolen" more than twice. So whoever steals it second gets the gift.
2. A gift can not be immediately stolen back by the person it was stolen from.
3. All gifts must be kept in plain sight.Tip: If there is a gift you want, wait to steal it. If you are the second person to steal it, you get to keep it.