Jason T.
user 28652392
Group Organizer
Silverthorne, CO
I've been extremely busy as of late but ready now get things going with this exciting movement.

Please go to our meetup site and find the "more" tab and then click on "polls". There you can vote for our final organization's name.  10 is best and 1 is lowest (you can change your vote later if needed).

It is important that EVERYONE vote and let their voice be heard.

Please take some time as soon as you can to fill out the poll.

Thank-you thank-you!

-Jason LT
Kimberly
KSaviano
Aurora, CO
Post #: 5
I know this was already discussed in the email thread, so I hope I'm not just beating a dead horse here, but I wanted to reiterate my thoughts on the name of the group.

While there are many good choices here, I think the ones that fail to mention anything about atheism in the title are possibly misleading and not strong enough. Names like "Living Beyond Prejudice" and "The Tolerance Project" are great names - but when you think about prejudice and the need for tolerance, do you really think first of the marked differences between atheists and believers? I know I don't - that sounds like a good name for a group that is involved in gay or race issues. It seems presumptive of us to use those kinds of terms for our fight.

I think the group name has to have a direct reference to atheism in there. Leaving it out suggests that we are trying to slip in under the radar or start out the discussion we want to have dishonestly. I know atheist is a divisive word, but avoiding that in the name goes against the whole point of the group, at least in my opinion. I encourage everyone to really think about their choices and weigh the implications of the name and try to hear it from the point of view of someone who doesn't know what we are trying to do.

And now I'll leave it - this is a democratic vote, so I'll accept the group's decision, but I just couldn't leave it when I saw how many of the final choices avoided the word. Thanks.

Kimberly.