addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Francisco French Bulldog Meetup Message Board › Looking for some input for a new year of Meetups.

Looking for some input for a new year of Meetups.

Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 13
So I got some emails from members wondering about the scheduling of the Meetups. We have been having them on the 3rd Sunday of every month for a while now and it seems to be working out. During the summer months we usually schedule them for 10:00 because of the heat and in the winter some members have suggested having them at 12:00 so it could warm up a little. Since its the beginning of a new year I would like to hear back about our current Meetups. Are Sundays good or would we get a better turn out on Saturdays? 10:00 during warmer months and 11:00 or 12:00 during colder months? 3rd weekend of every month? How about other dog parks? I stumbled across a beautiful dog in Brisbane which is 5 mins south on 101 with easy parking, real grass and no other dogs. Any other input would be great. Thanks Jim
Nana and Papa J.
user 13929931
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I think it is important to think of what is best for the long term life of the meet up and the dogs. The San Francisco french bull dog meet up is one of the largest Frenchie meet ups in the nation, with a turn out of 35-40 Frenchies . It has done very well at its current location and time. Why jeopardize our success and fun for the majority of the group (35-40) because a few people can not fit it into their schedules? Clearly Sunday is working well for 35- 40 Frenchie owners, and has done so for quite some time. Moving the San Francisco French bulldog meet up out of San Francisco also does not make any sense. This meet up was started for Frenchies who live IN or visit San Francisco. Let's not take everyone's fun away from the city. There is plenty of safe parking on 7th Street if members are willing to walk 1/2- 1 block. One car getting broken in to sounds like an isolated event. Ido think members should be advised not to leave any valuables in plain sight in their autos. In the winter the meet up faces several challenges.
Most Frenchies can not handle the cold and or rain especially the smaller ones. For that reason it makes sense to meet at noon during the winter and to move the week around according to weather forecast. A weather continent flexible winter schedule might prevent us from getting rained out. We could meet on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the week depending on the weather forecast? One of the good things about Mission Creek dog park is there is no mud in the winter, as a 9 year veteran at Frenchie Friday's I can say that is one of the big reasons Frenchie Friday closes down in the winter - Dolores park is just to muddy. The New York French bulldog meet up is pretty big. (San Francisco and New York have the highest concentration of Frenchies (aside from Paris France of course). I also noticed the New York group has a membership fee. Perhaps we could talk about that as a possibility? Or does the sponsorship pay for the meet fee? I would be willing to help with the meet fee if it is not covered by sponsorship.