addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Peninsula French Movies & More Message Board › Rare showing: Rivette's "Celine and Julie Go Boating" @ YBCA, new 35mm print!!

Rare showing: Rivette's "Celine and Julie Go Boating" @ YBCA, new 35mm print!!

A former member
Because of other commitments, I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch this, but I wanted everyone to know that this rarely seen, New Wave classic from Jacques Rivette will be showing, starting Thursday, Sept. 20 through Sunday, Sept. 23, at YBCA, in San Francisco. This is a don't miss for Nouvelle Vague buffs!

Celine and Julie Go Boating (1974, 193 min, 35mm)

Finally available in a new 35mm print, Celine and Julie Go Boating is a brilliant meditation on the art of cinema and the nature of fantasy. This magical tale recounts the adventures of Julie, a librarian, and the flamboyant Celine, a magician of sorts and a White Rabbit who leads Julie right through the Looking Glass into a world of her imagination. One of the seminal films of the seventies as well as a key feminist work, it’s regarded by many as New Wave master Jacques Rivette's most accomplished film.

Visit the YBCA website to see specifics on: Dates, show times, and ticket prices.