I'm a meetup organizer and we just love our members. Plse friend us on facebook & join the conversation now!!!
Our Motto: "This is the place where everyone is treated like you treat your best friend"
“they say that a good friend will bail u out of jail, but your best friend will be in jail with u”
Wanna meet some new friends, have a few laughs, have some fun and meet new and exciting people? Then you've come to the right place.
What is Friendship:
It's a not perfect world, but in terms of friendship, someone who is genuinely a friend usually:
• Has told you that you are a friend or has introduced you as their friend.
• Has called or emailed you about meeting for coffee, lunch, etc.
• Is sincerely interested when you talk about your life.
• Roots for you and wants the best for you.
• Is willing to hang out with you outside of the place you first met (work, social gathering,
• If someone is really your friend, they act in a kind manner. They do nice things for you. (If they ask you to do things for them without ever reciprocating, chances are they aren't really a friend.)
• Friends don't keep score, but there is a balance to the relationship. Sometimes one friend might be in the "spotlight," while the other is cheering them on. Friends should trade off in giving each other the "floor" in a conversation and in life, and should understand when the moment is their friends and not theirs.
The other key component to friendship is a real, face-to-face, relationship. This isn't to say that after you have established a friendship, you can't still be friends with them once they move away. However, in order to have a real friendship, you have to spend time with each other.
WHAT MAKES A FRIEND WORTHY OF THE NAME?
1. A commitment to your happiness. A true friend is consistently willing to put your happiness before your friendship. It's said that "good advice grates on the ear," but a true friend won't refrain from telling you something you don't want to hear, something that may even risk fracturing the friendship, if hearing it lies in your best interest. A true friend will not lack the mercy to correct you when you're wrong. A true friend will confront you with your drinking problem as quickly as inform you about a malignant-looking skin lesion on your back that you can't see yourself.
2. Not asking you to place the friendship before your principles. A true friend won't ask you to compromise your principles in the name of your friendship or anything else. Ever.
3. A good influence. A true friend inspires you to live up to your best potential, not to indulge your basest drives.
4. HOW TO ATTRACT TRUE FRIENDS
5. This one is easy, at least on paper: become a true friend yourself. One of my favorite quotations comes from Gandhi: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Be the friend you want to have. We all tend to attract people into our lives whose character mirrors our own. You don't have to make yourself into what you think others would find attractive. No matter what your areas of interest, others share them somewhere. Simply make yourself a big target. Join social clubs organized around activities you enjoy. Leverage the Internet to find people of like mind. Take action.
So now come join us so I can introduce u to some of our friends
It is something what is very valuable but you can't buy it. It must be protected. You have to take care of friendship because it is very easy to lose a friend but after that it is much more difficult to recover it again. It is like a treasure. You must keep it in safety. If you don't, it will not last anymore. Friendship is soft. It's someone who you get on well with. Who you like to be with and who you would miss if you lost him. It's somebody who stands by you if you have some problems, who gives you advice, who has always time for you.
Our secret in making friends: If you are shy, quiet or reserve show up right when we start - -stick to Rodney or Rima like a Bee would to honey - -you'll be right next to me and I'll introduce you to everyone as I fill out their name tag.... in 15 mins you'll be right in the middle of a host of new friends and will feel the BUZZ..........
Plse take some time now to rsvp for our next 2 meetups and start having some real fun and meeting some new friends
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese Meetup@Denver||October 29, 2015 6:09 AM||Rima & R.|