The following are membership expectations to help us better manage the group and to build an active club. Please help us by following these simple guidelines:
We accept speakers at all levels. If you are not an advanced speaker, we suggest that you attend the study group as well as other meetups.
Your profile is an important membership tool, both for your benefit and for the management of the group.
We suggest that all new members complete their profile prior to joining, and that you keep your profile up to date.
1) Answer all the questions in your PROFILE so members can get to know each other
2) Add a PHOTO of yourself to help people recognize you
The following are necessary to help us keep the group up to date, and to help us plan for current and future events:
1) LOG IN to the site on a regular basis. If you don't, you will become an 'inactive member' and Meetup will stop sending you reminder emails with details about meetings, and may remove you!!
2) RSVP to let others know who's coming. If more people RSVP, more people are likely to turn up - plus it helps us organize the venue! RSVPs for dinner events are mandatory.
3) Provide FEEDBACK - rate the meetup and the venue, and add comments so we can take them into account for future meetups
4) Show your support by making the suggested contribution via the site or in person - any amount is acceptable - even as low as $1 !. This is not-for-profit - your contribution will be used to pay the fees Meetup.com charges.
The following are ground rules to help us make this group a comfortable experience for all:
1) We do not allow commercial solicitations or spam.
2) Members should participate in the group at least once in a six month period, but a minimum of once a year. The Organizer reserves the right to remove members who do not participate within a year's time.
3) No business Avatar as your profile photo.
4) You should live within a reasonable distance so you can participate in our group. We do our best to hold events in varied locations, however we cannot generally accommodate those who live very far from the core group.