When life gets stressful, many of us reach for that pint of ice cream, chocolate bar or bag of chips to relax. We’ll discuss emotional food cravings and what nutritious foods are the top 10 “Good Mood Foods”.
Welcome to Fresh Health Phoenix! This group is for YOU if you want to have fun while learning how to live a vibrant healthy life.
We all need fresh ideas about how to live our best lives. Health comes from the choices that we make every day and even small changes can create big long-term benefits.
1. To get you get excited about health and get a fresh start doing something positive for yourself every day.
2. Encourage you “pay-it-forward” and share these health tips with friends, family and loved ones
3. To support our community by promoting shopping locally for fresh produce at farmers’ markets
4. Encourage you to clean out all of the junk in your pantry and donate it to a local food bank.
Organizers – Who We Are:
We are a group of naturopathic doctors, nutritionists and other holistic healthcare providers that are passionate about sharing our knowledge with our community. We have been teaching health classes for the past 5 years to our patients and to corporations. If you really want to know the nitty-gritty about us, our bios can be seen at http://www.aimcenteraz.com/team.asp
What this group IS:
1. Our goal is to create an upbeat supportive community of people that want to learn how to be healthy. Health is not something that we’re taught in school. Unless you are an avid watcher of the Discovery Health Channel or you schedule your lunch break around watching Dr. Oz – then you’ve got a lot to learn.
2. We are open to suggestions, guest speakers, field trips, potlucks –let us know what you would like to see.
We expect members to respect our time and ask that you only rsvp to the events that you plan on attending. Excessive no shows will not be tolerated- after 3 you will be removed.
What this group is NOT:
1. Our promise is that we will NOT try to sell you anything, ever. This group does NOT endorse or sell any products or services. If you promote any health products, super juices, whatever – you will be politely asked to immediately leave this group.
2. This is not a free clinic. The meetings are in our medical office, but the classes are only to educate, not to take the place of seeing a doctor if you have specific health challenges. So, if you ask us to take a look at the rash on your bum or you just need a quick prescription for antibiotics, it’s not going to happen here.
3. This group is not about judging where you are in your health journey. Whether you are a vegan yoga guru or you have 100 pounds to lose and don’t know where to start – everyone is welcome. All we ask is that you have a positive attitude and a willingness to look at health from a fresh perspective.
Wanna get FRESH? Come to a class and see what it’s all about.