The 12th Annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Saturday, October 12, 2013, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors' panel, and more!
Location and Speakers
This year's location is still a secret, but nearly all of our wishlist speakers have confirmed -- not just for Freethought Day, but for the Fundraising Reception the night before.
Some of our Speakers, Authors, and Entertainers include:
• Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation
• Shelley Segal, Singer and Songwriter
• Edwina Rogers, Secular Coalition of America
• Richard Carrier, Author
• Greta Christna, Blogger and Author
• Jason Frye, LGBT Activist
• Keith Lowell Jensen, Comedian
• David Fitzgerald, Author
• Heina Dadabhoy, Skepchick and Activist
• Jason Testerman, Freethought Exchange
• Brendan Powell Smith, Author
• Victor Harris, Poet
• Dan Riley, Author
• Andi Griffith, Author
• Neil Wehneman, Secular Student Alliance
Support and Volunteer
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit endeavor, supported by the freethought community. Every donation supports this event 100% by helping us cover our
speakers' costs, rent a venue, pay for advertising, and buy food for our volunteers
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate to Freethought Day: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25.
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Friday, October 11th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company of our speakers for just $75 or $125. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day and an event poster signed by our speakers.
• Host a Table: If you're an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It's free for student groups, $25 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses.
• Sponsorship: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at [masked].
We'll be updating this information as more details are confirmed.
Also be sure to check out our Official Website, our Page on Facebook, and our Facebook Event.