Splash Bar consistently gets some of the best compliments out of all the places we go to. The feedback I hear is it has friendly staff, good drink prices, a large and open area to mingle, and a really *fun* atmosphere. It is located in the heart of the Pearl, on 9th and Couch. Here are some of the highlights:
- Food happy hour until 7pm.
- Drink happy hour until 10pm. That's right: 10pm!!!
- Great specials on specialty shots - most for $5 - all night long.
- FREE pool. Again, you read that right. FREE pool! (and free video games too)
- An open, airy atmosphere that allows for great mingling.
- An awesome DJ and great dancing as we get later into the night. And, I know from reading comments on other events, some of us in this group really enjoy dancing after a drink or two :)
And, they recently added a dunk tank (filled with plastic balls, not water). So, as an added incentive for folks to come out to this party, Ill have some sort of contest to let people try to 'dunk' me, if you like :)
Splash Bar really doesn't have many people in the place from 5pm to 9pm, so we should be easy to find... substantially everyone in the place should be from our group.
Feel Free to come anytime. There are some folks from our group that show up right at 5pm. But, there are also lots of folks who don't joint the party until 6pm or 7pm or later.
And, if you are new to Meetup or this group in particular, please don't be shy in coming out. Our group is really friendly and fun and easy to chat with. Plus, I try to personally greet everyone who comes in. So, if you let me know you are new, I'll be happy to introduce you around to some other folks.
Oh, and the bar opens at 5pm. So, showing up early will be a futile effort. However, there is Blitz across the street for anyone might want to start happy hour a little early on this particular Friday :)