Happy Hours for Single Professionals Message Board › End of the World Happy Hour!

End of the World Happy Hour!

Al
user 49274612
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 11
Some of you may already know this, but for those of you who don't, the end of the world is going to be on a Friday. So I'm thinking that we should commemorate such an auspicious occasion with a happy hour to end all happy hour. Ideally of course there should be maximum participation by all members. Then a venue need to be selected. So mark your calendars and prime your liver.

The date is 12/21/12. The Mayans were kind enough plan the end of time on a weekend.
A former member
Post #: 17
Happy hour? Maybe... but I'm thinking an event such as this warrants a pub crawl. Do you agree?

There's actually a big crawl that's was put on the calendar sometime in 2007 (I RSVP'd on 4/30/08!) on the now-mostly-defunct http://meetin.org...­ site. There are 157 people signed up, but I'm sure the vast majority of them have moved away or are pursuing different interests by now.

Not me, though! I say let's do it!

I've always liked this particular part of the event description:

"So, no need to panic. Just join me in the last minutes of Earth having drinks at a Pub Crawl in Downtown Portland. We will most likely end up at the "Bitter End" pub on West Burnside. Pub route will be determined at a later date. So stay tuned!!!

All attendees are required to bring a towel, so don't forget yours. Also, wear a bathrobe if you have one and feel free to come to the crawl wearing a paper bag over your head if you can't bear to watch the end."

What do you think? Lord knows if the organizer still intends on hosting... I'll touch base with him and see. Regardless, I'm sure we could join forces if it is still going on, and plan it on our own if it isn't. And I always love the idea of ending a night at the Bitter End!
Al
user 49274612
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 12
I like the idea of the towel and the bathrobe, it so Arthur Dent'ish.... But I shun the paper bag. Gonna face the end of the world head on, but drunk. :-)

Let's do it. If he is still around, let's see what's on the agenda, otherwise we'll make our own. To the Bitter End..... pub.
A former member
Post #: 18
Oh he's still someone I know, we just don't hang out much anymore. He got back to me right away, though:

"Yep. Event is still a go. Will update the crawl soon with venue changes. I'm gonna have the last bar be 'The Bitter End' so it'll be a burnside St. Crawl."

I'll talk to him about allowing me to post the details here, too. I doubt he'll have any objections. biggrin
A former member
Post #: 19
Yep. GAME ON!!!

"I don't mind if you post it with your HH group. No problem. Since I have no co-host yet, I'll go ahead and add you as co-host. I should have an update posted in the next few days :)"

Al, how would you feel about us having our first ever FAHHSP pub crawl? (Well... first official one, anyway!)
Al
user 49274612
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 13
FAHHSP? Fabulously Apocalyptic Happy Hour Sloshed Party? laughing

Whatever it is, let's JUST DO IT!
A former member
Post #: 20
HAHAHA, Friday Afternoon Happy Hour for Single Professionals!

Okay, AWESOME. I'm going to make myself a co-host and change the name of the event. Woo hoo! This is going to be so amazing!
Al
user 49274612
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 14
Do'h! I keep forgetting the full name of our group. cool

So we've omitted the towel and bathrobe?
A former member
Post #: 21
LOL. No idea. The guy running the show, Mike (also known as "Movie Mike" or "Pirate Mike," to distinguish him from the multitude of other people named Mike) is huge into costumes and props, but just because he suggests something and wants to do it doesn't mean that anyone will be excluded for choosing not to. We can let people know whatever he has planned and they can decide whether to join in or not. Who knows, a large portion of our group might be really into the towel and bathrobe thing. It will definitely make for some pretty awesome group photos! Besides, I was just thinking last night that I need to replace my ratty old robe, and this would give me a good excuse to do so. :P
Al
user 49274612
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 15
You do know what the towel and bathrobe was referencing to?