Friendly Vegetarians Message Board › Fundraiser event tomorrow night!

Fundraiser event tomorrow night!

Ali
armedwithjello
Group Organizer
Waterloo, ON
Hi everybody,

My apologies for the lack of Meetups in recent months. I have moved house, and both time and finances have been very limited. However, I would like to get back to running Meetups again, so suggestions are welcome!

I would also like to let you know that tomorrow night (Wednesday, October 5) I am running a fundraiser to help buy a wheelchair van for Dan Lajoie, as his ancient van burst into flames a couple of months ago and insurance doesn't pay much for such an old vehicle. Our goal is $60000, and we are 2/3 of the way there!

Boston Pizza at Gateway Park, Kitchener has generously offered to donate 10% of sales tomorrow night between 5PM and 8PM to our fund. I didn't make it a meetup as it is not strictly a vegetarian restaurant, however BP has recently added a bunch of new vegetarian and gluten-free options to its menu. If you would like to come and support the cause, it would be very much appreciated! Please let your family and friends know as well. We will have face painting there too!

For more information on the Van For Dan fundraisers, please visit www.vanfordan.com .

Ali