"Friends First" FUN Friends Group Message Board › The responces that I got to SEEDS OF WIDOM

The responces that I got to SEEDS OF WIDOM

Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 224
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Fena,

Perfectly said !!! Our fears allow us to hide from who we are, what we are and who we can be. We cannot stop change. It is all around us, always has been and who really looks forward to accepting change ? Not many. We are all too often found comfortable right where we are, just like those guys at the power plants. Change is many things. It is the art of letting go, showing vulnerability and coming in touch with our humaness that lets us become better people and enjoy a better life. It is true, that when one door closes, another opens. I've heard that line 1,000s of times but once I started letting go, I found that truer words were never spoken. Today, I embrace change differently than I had in the past. I have learned that with change, comes great wisdom and that knowledge helps me embrace and accept my past, the present and most importantly, the future. Thanks again for another great story to start my day out with. Almost better than my morning coffee : )

And BTW...funny how life sometimes connects people where they never knew they were connected. This has happened several times since I first met you, and I've seen this with others too. That power plant in Braidwood station was fed by electrical towers we can all see along I-55 today. I was a similar laborer for Local #9 during 1973-1974 building those towers as a prelude to Braidwood. Towers that would carry the supply of power created from Braidwood, but the only thing missing was the cables. Funny to think how all of us at Friends First are power plants or towers and how those cables, now being installed between us, are what connects us all together to share the power as we change.

Have a great day !

A male member of our group
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 225
Fena,Wow! amazeing you should write a book .Life experiences are the classrooom of life.Change is hard for me but something we all need to move forward.Thanks for the inspiration.
Female member

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Fena <fenabiz@gmail.com> wrote:

Change.

The key to change... is to let go of fear.”
Rosanne Cash
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 226
Wonderful!! Thank you.

Response to Seeds on Change.
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 227
Wow, what an amazing story, Fena. How incredible.
I was lucky in that in the late 50's/early 60's I watched & learned my dad doing woodworking, building basement steps & many other things. He'd show me how to use all the different tools. When I was in jr. high--when girls did home ec & boys did shop, I told my counselor I wanted to be in the shop class & make things out of wood. Unfortunately, they said no & I was disappointed that my parents wouldn't fight for my cause. When I was in my 20's a friend & I REALLY wanted to find a crew & learn how to build houses; unfortunately, that didn't work out either, but.......I am just in awe of what you accomplished & how you were such a groundbreaker.

I TRULY hope I can find a way to come to some of the group's events--especially the ones on Sunday, because I'd like to meet you & I know there's a lot I could get out of those Sunday events, let alone the other social activities.
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 228
my family and my brother is injured in the hospital as well. The Oct.14 SOW helped me allot.

Thanks,

Female Member

From Fena:

Dear (Female Member) ,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having difficult times. May I ask who died and what happened to your brother? My heart really goes out to you.

You are a very special person. I knew that when I met you. Some people stand out in a crowd and you did. I noticed. I wish that we would get to know each other better. You seem so talented and artistic.

I know that losing someone is difficult. There really is nothing anyone can do to help you through that except just being there for you while you hurt your way though. I do hope you have family and close friends that are there for you. As for your brother, hopefully, he will make a full recovery and will be back on his feet in no time.

Life does have some tough stuff to throw our way. I know that it is difficult but it does make us grow and it reminds us very well of just how fragile life really is.

Still....growing and learning, it still hurts. Please know that you have a friend here. Write to me if you need to. I will "listen" and respond.

If you were here, I would give you a hug.

Fena
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 229
From the Sunday Social/Workshop

Table 3 Rocked!! LOL

From a Female member
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 230
Hi Fena - Twice in a day from me in the peanut gallery.

Keep the great seeds coming. I decided to get social again after the end of a relationship that meant a lot to me, which I didn't want to have end but people's past can really suck the life back out of them when they revive it and it steals them from us. Feel bad for her and me both, but anyway. Thought to get out a bit and Friends First sounded like a great concept. Your seeds have struck home a few times, so thanks. Can't say that at times they haven't just caused me to drift back and spin and mope a bit but maybe that is part of the process. You always finish with some hope.

So keep them coming and here is another person saying Thanks
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 231
Thankyou Fena for this group with the disussions.You are truely a gift from God.

From a female member on Seeds-What you put into it, is exactly what you will get out of it.
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 232
Fena -- OMG! That song "make new friends but keep the old" was from GIRL SCOUTS!!!! That really brings back memories, lol....

About last night -- it was an absolute honor to meet you. I also had a FANTASTIC time and I look forward to many more. The people I met last night were wonderful, special and interesting. I am so happy I forced myself to go, and yes, the reason I went was to meet you -- the person who brightens up so many of my dark days with the "seeds". If you need any volunteers for anything -- I am your woman! Together, all of us can be strong, and help each other through our past hurts and sorrows. And yes, my plan is to "live my life as though everything is a miracle". For me, last night was just that!

I am blessed to have met you.

Female Member -What you put into it is exactly what you will get out of it.
Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 233
Fena,
I enjoyed reading your letter you sent out.Really something you wrote in that letter jumped out at me ...and that is that you are healing also,as I think all of us in the friends first group are all doing that same thing.

Kinda thought that this was gonna be the same old group, like other groups that are out there,but was surprised at all that you do offer.

The web site is different..which is a plus,the discussion group a plus,and the fact that you stay(as other member also do)connected to everybody as in the letter that you sent out,all a very positive things.

I wanted to take the time to let you know all this.Sometimes in life we only hear the negative stuff...so I did want to tell some positive stuff, and say thanks for putting this together!

I have a girlfriend who is fed up with relationships not working out,and I have told her about this group & I think she is going to join.She says it would be nice to just get out with people and do fun things!

So Fena as I said I just wanted to share my thoughts with you.

Female member-What you put into it is what you get out of it article.