"Friends First" FUN Friends Group Message Board › URGENT TYPE B NEGATIVE BLOOD NEEDED. Rare.

URGENT TYPE B NEGATIVE BLOOD NEEDED. Rare. Anyone in our group have it and would donate?

Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL

Meetup Message from: Lindette­, Member of "Friends First" FUN Friends Group
have a request

­

Hi Fena, I am hoping you could put this out there, if anyone would help this boy--this is from a member of Never eat alone. If you or anyone you know can help this little boy please reach out to Brian. If you would also share this with your network, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please see email I received today:

I wanted to reach out to you all on a topic non-soccer related. As you may or may not know, Carson (my 14 mnth year old son) is scheduled for his second open heart surgery on Jan 31. My wife and I are looking for blood donors who have type B negative. As we have found, type B negative is very rate = 2% of the population. Unfortunately those who have O negative (the universal donors) will not work in his case because he is so young.

If you wouldn't mind sending out an “SOS” to your club members to see if (1) anyone has type B- and (2) if yes, would they be willing to donate blood -- we would greatly appreciate it. If there are willing members, please have them email me as there are certain steps that need to take place. The blood donation would need to take place between Jan 21 – Jan 25.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Any questions please let me know.

Thank you!

Brian Koenig
Soccer 2000
224 Ogden Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515