"Friends First" FUN Friends Group Message Board › LOTS OF GREAT THINGS COMING IN APRIL!! Read all about it!

LOTS OF GREAT THINGS COMING IN APRIL!! Read all about it!

Fena
Fena
Group Organizer
Arlington Heights, IL
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi Friends!

Wow...after coming off a great event on Wednesday night and talking to all of you that attended our workshop, it made me think that I needed to let you all know what is coming up in April.  LOTS.

The workshops will continue!  This time there will be a workshop on ONLINE DATING.  This workshop will be three parts and will encompass all the issues, myths, fears, dangers and joy of dating online.  People will be sharing their real life experiences.   The discussions will be wrapped around issues such as how to choose who to go out with and who not to,  how to handle dating and juggle life,  how to read a profile and understand who is on the other side of that profile, how to pick up on a good profile and a bad one.

We will be dissecting the online dating process from qualifying a potential date to..if they are a "keeper" of someone that you should kick to the curb.

Also, Queen of the Chat room, our very own Lori G, will be hosting weekly chats in our chat room on ONLINE DATING.  There you will be able to banter and discuss with others, what you have learned at the workshop and what you all experience in dating.

I have several people that are helping me develop this three part workshop.  So we are making sure that we do the research and bring to you a series of workshops that will help educate you and show you how to date online successfully.

The other thing that is going to be happening is the roll out of of weekend and 3/4 day trips!  YES!   We are going back to Saugatuk and Memphis this year for those of you who did not get to go last year!  Memphis is on the slate..as well...so here is what we are thinking....

Memphis in May

Saugatuk in June

Michigan Wine Trail in July

Indiana Dunes In August

Door County in September

New Orleans in October

Las Vegas early November

The way that we are structuring these trips will be a bit different this year.  We will be putting together the itinerary of what we are going to do and where we will be staying.  I will be doing the transportation plans and Greg will be handling the deals with the hotels.

What we plan to do differently this year is we make all the arrangements....what hotel we are staying in, what method of travel (bus, car, train, plane) and setting the schedule of events for the trip and then having each participant call the hotel and travel directly to secure their position and PAY.

Payment secures your place on the trip.  We will not be handling the money for your hotel or travel.

We will be charging a $25 service fee for each person that travels with us.  Because we will be hosting and leading the events, we in essence will be working. (and enjoying) but we are responsible for making sure that we know where to go, what we are doing and all that.

When we go on the trips we will have dinner arrangements made and places to go, sights to see  and activities

to participate in.  This is going to be a "design your own trip" style of trip.  We will have the list of what we are doing each day and if you wish to participate, you will be selecting that the day before and that way we will all know who is doing what.  For instance, we may have dinner set in one place and you and a couple of your friends don't want to go there, you are free to go do your own thing.  Maybe we have a sightseeing trip and you are not interested, you can opt out and just sit by the pool.  So, truly, this is a trip, much like a cruise, that you get to design what you want to do.

We are trying to keep the trips as affordable as possible.  By structuring it this way, we cover our costs and we are paid a flat fee for doing the work.  If you are traveling on a budget, you get to design what you can and can not afford to do.

Also, our trips will 1/2/3 and 4 day trips.  Many of us work jobs and either can't get away from work or can't financially afford to not be at work.  These trips will be affordable enough for us to go on and they will be short enough so that we can go!

I am also working on ideas for our outside summer dances like we had last year at DRINK!  If you attended those you know how much fun they were! So I am thinking ahead for our summer fun!

If you have suggestions for trips or events, by all mean share them with me.

See you all soon!

Fena

FenaBiz@gmail.com