Alive After 5! The Pardi Gras last from 5-8pm
* Mardi Gras Parade begins at 6:45pm on First Street! The Seminole High School Drum Line with be preforming along with other surprises. Of course beads will be thrown!
* Main food sample by Two Chefs in a Truck; serving shrimp & chicken jambalaya
* Music by The Poker Dogs
* Visit the Welcome Center during the AA5 to enter a drawing for a chance to win the following Valentine gift's; a necklace, bottle of wine, a gift certificate from The Welcome Center Retail Shop, and 2 tickets to the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center. Must have wristband to participate
*Downtown Sanford Restaurants are offering incredible Valentine dinners!
* Over 50 vendors participating along with artists selling their homemade wares!
* Brazilian Samba Dancers, sponsored by Tony's Deli, will be performing throughout the night in front of their restaurant, and in the Mardi Gras Parade!
Alive After 5, it’s a street party like no other!
AA5 is Central Florida’s largest recurring monthly street party with live music, local artists, food and beverage sampling in a beautiful historic town.
Date/Time: The second Thursday of each month, 5-8pm, rain or shine
Location: Downtown Sanford, Fl @ 230 East First Street
Tickets: $7.00 (includes food and beverage sampling throughout the event)
Enjoy: Great local restaurants, art galleries, gift shops, antique stores, nightlife and a variety of other unique businesses.
WHERE TO MEET: This will be an non-Hosted Event. Sorry don't get off of work until 7pm, but I had a request to post this event for everyone not chained to their work desks. Anyone interested can meet in front of the Historic Sanford Welcome Center. There is a parking spot for Electric Cars Only which is rarely filled. See Picture Below. Meet at that spot. The group can gather from 5-5:30pm and after that point anyone who's made it can start going around the Street Party. Anyone coming late would be on their own but still out at a fantastic event.
The Following Downtown Sanford Business are offering incredible discounts for FEB 14th Only with your purchase of an Alive After 5 wristband. Discounts are available from 5pm-Close of Merchant Business Hours. Must show Alive After 5 wristband for discounts listed below.
American Spa Nails: $5 off pedicures
Bailey’s Upscale Resale: 10% off any purchase
Buster’s Bistro: $1 off any beer or wine
Christo’s: Free house wine or draft beer with any entrée
Ellen’s Wine Room: 50% off house wine, or 10% off any bottle of wine
Gallery On First: 10% off any art item (participating artists only)
Jeanine Taylor Folk Art Gallery: 10% off any purchase
Little Fish Huge Pond: $2 Rosa wine
Marco Dino’s: 10% off entire check
Maya Books: 20% off entire purchase
Park Avenue Popcorn Shoppe: $1 off any flavored popcorn
Sanford’s Nifty Thrifty: 10% off any item excluding furniture
Taste of Thyme Café: 2 meals for $15 (excludes drinks); includes free dessert
The Bad Monkey Tavern: 20% off any purchase of coffee, soda, tea, or alcohol
The Breezeway Restaurant & Bar: One Free frozen Valentine drink with each food purchase
The Corner Café: Patio guest-$2 domestic beers, Café guests-free non-alcoholic beverage (or $2 domestic beer) + dessert with any meal
The Sweet Spot Bakery: 10% off any purchase of $10 or more
The Tree House: 10%off any item over $20
The West End Trading Co.: One free shot of liquor w/ purchase of beer or mixed drink (Limit one)
The Wet Spot: Buy 1 get 1 free well drinks
Twisted Vine: $1 off all bottled beer, and $2 off all wine.