We all love hearts! Heart shaped boxes full of caramels tops my list at Valentine's day. But I also love heart themed jewelry as well. This month we will be making a bracelet or necklace with heart shaped metal pieces (charms) that will call for cutting, texturing, cold connections and attaching the metal to chain, leather, or any other material your imagination wants. Charlotte brought this lovely piece to our attention from her Pinterest page at the January get together.
• Sheet Metal to make hearts, or heart shaped stamping blanks, the inspiration piece uses Copper, Brass, and Silver or Nickel. (some possible suppliers might be: RioGrande.com, FireMountainGems.com, Michael's, and possibly Hobby Lobby, etc.)
• Stamps for images on hearts. (I have some and will be glad to share, but most of mine are letters.)
• Chain or cord of some sort (leather, rat-tail, silk, etc.) for the fluid portion of the bracelet/necklace.
• Toggle, either purchased or make your own out of wire.
• Jump rings that will fit the heart charms. Or bring 16-18 gauge wire to make your own.
• Tools should include, bench block, appropriate pliers, texturing hammers, saw if cutting out your hearts from sheet metal, and files to smooth the edges.
• I will supply a punch for the center hole on the hearts; my Sizzex if you wish to use it for texturing (please note the metal going through the Sizzex must be 24g or thinner); Stamps and brass 2lb hammer, some texturing hammers; dowels for making jump rings.
NOTE: We meet on the 3rd Saturday each month at 1 PM since we have some members who work on Saturday morning. It will be 1 to 4 PM.
Great group, great fun! Join Us Soon.......