Please check your RSVP for this December Meetup and make sure it is correct. It is very important that I get a correct count for this meetup so I can be prepared to move quickly. If your plans change please make sure to change your RSVP to reflect that change.
Send me an email if you need a kit. They are $10. This project takes lots of wire. Send kit request to [masked]. I now have reservations for 2 kits. One for Linda and One for Jana.
We will be doing wire twisting using several different twisting techniques and different color and sizes of wire. We will then make a bangle bracelet from the twisted wire. See samples below. List of supplies and equipment will be emailed this week.
Here are just a few examples of twisted wire using various sizes and colors of wire.
Once you have the wire twisted as desired then you can use several techniques to create a project.
So Here are examples of what we will be making:
The following pictures are choices of what you can make at our meetup. If you choose to do the one showing in a gift box there will be an extra charge for the solder and other supplies needed to complete the project.
This bracelet uses twisted wire 22ga of bronze, silver, and black for the braided portion
The outside section is silver 20 ga twisted. This bangle closes with a hook made from twisted wire
This bracelet is 18 ga gold twisted wire and 20 ga silver twisted wire. It is wired together than beaded.
This set of bangles in the gift box is solder together as true bangle slip ons. The wire is 18 ga twisted and 14 ga non-twisted but beaded. If you choose to make this type bracelet please add $3 to cost of meetup.
Materials Needed :(You can obtain some of the following materials from your local hardware store (and/or bead or craft shop. Look in the sections where they have doorbells and picture-hanging supplies if you are having trouble.):
I recommend you bring all your wire stash you have with you but if you must purchase wire then you will need:
• At least 3 different colors of wire at least 12 feet per color (Can be 22 to 18 ga for braided but the colors must be same size, if in doubt choose 20 ga)
• Spool of at least 1 color 26 ga wire
• Jump rings in base color of choice
• 4mm beads for wrapping or various other beads. (Good thing to use your bead soup for this project)
Tools Needed: Get the following tools if you don't already have them. Some of them, like the round nose pliers, are more jewelry specific and may not be available in hardware stores.
Tools and Equipment Needed:
1. Variable Speed Drill (I will have one but if you have one please bring it to save time because sharing might take some time to do your wire) (dremel or similar will also work)
2. an anvil or bench block (solid and smooth chunk of metal)
3. Ring clamp or a vise that hooks to the table (this is really important. I have one but we will be using it for the drill.
4. Ruler (very important)
5. Painters tape
6. Various metal files
7. Metal hammer with a nice smooth face
8. Rawhide Hammer
9. Wire cutters
10. Nylon tip pliers (or regular pliers with their jaws wrapped in layers of tape so that they are smooth)
11. Round Nose pliers & Narrow Nose & Flat nose Pliers
12. A thingie called a "quick-grip clamp" (blue thing in picture)
13. A metal clamp (like you use on a dryer hose) that has a screw to tighten or loosen the clamp ring (found at hardware store see image below)(This is for sizing bangles and a very handy tool.)