Note: This 12 hour event is FREE, but you must register at http://soflophphackq22013.eventbrite.com
Also, please go to https://www.hackerleague.org/hackathons/soflophp-hack-a-thon-q2-2013 to start building your team and/or project.
This event is open to ALL South Florida core and front-end devs. We also welcome other groups to come join us from Wordpress, Drupal. The more the merrier.
Developers, this is a great way for beginning developers (even students) to learn the ropes, as well as a way for advanced developers to enhance their skills while creating apps and mashups using various APIs or maybe even from scratch without using an API.
At the end of the day, teams and/or individuals get to present their work to a panel of judges and win kickass prizes.
There will also be raffles throughout the day for T-shirts and other items.
If you are a company and want to sponsor, and/or allow developers to create apps using your API, please contact us.
This meetup will be altered to be more updated as each date gets closer. But basically we are thinking:
- Day 1
- 8:00am - 9:00am Registration/Breakfast
- 9:00am - 9:30am Intro and API Workshops
- 9:30am - 12:30pm Hack
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm - 6:00pm Hack
- 6:00pm Submission Deadline
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm Demo
- 7:00pm - 7:15pm Judging
- 7:15pm - 7:30pm Awards
- Snacks and coffee/soda/water available all night for hardcore hackers
- List of APIs (to help get the creative juices flowing)
NOTE: Please do not be limited by the list above. There are many APIs out there.
- Overall 1st place
- Overall 2nd place
- One year of free hosting at ServerGrove!
- Best use of Plantronics API as part of a mashup. (up to team of 4)
Come and enjoy!
Sponsors for this event: