December 14, 2009 · 11:45 PM
*** PARTICIPATING IN THE ASSIGNMENT IS FREE *** For the first time since we started using the poll to vote for the monthly contest winner, we had a tie! Please congratulate Scott Burke and Kristal Kraft on having excellent entries into the October "Architectural Viewpoint" contest. However I needed someone to choose the theme for the next assignment. In my capacity as "Head Chica" I chose the image that I thought better suited the theme, and that was Scott's silhouette of the Millenium Bridge Besides bragging rights Scott got to choose the theme for the November/December 2009 assignment. His choice is:
Holidays The interpretation for this theme is wide-open so use your imagination and let's hear those shutters click!. The assignment begins today November 30th and will end on Monday December 14th at midnight. If you would like e-mail reminders of the deadline, please RSVP. You are under no obligation to submit an image if you do RSVP however. Participating in the assignment is
FREE! Ignore the PayPal link in the upper right corner. Typically we don't have a December assignment/contest due to the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Since I wasn't able to follow through with the October assignment in a timely fashion, I decided to have a shortened assignment for the November/December holiday season. All images submitted are put into a photo album on meetup and entered into an exhibition at the end of the month. At that point, other members are encouraged to view and comment on the exhibition. Think of it as an online gallery opening.
- For a photo to be eligible for the exhibition, it must have been taken by you between November 30th and December 14th of 2009.
- You are only allowed to submit one image.
- You retain ALL rights to your image.
- Your image shall not be obscene or contain, pornography, child pornography, or photographs of unclothed person(s); Section 4.2 (e) of the Meetup Terms of Service Agreement
- EXIF data must be available on your image. Images entered without EXIF attached to the photo are disqualified.
- Do not "promote" your entry into the contest to attract votes by talking about it on the message boards. This does not preclude you from posting your image on any other photo sharing website however.
Add your image to the 2009 Holidays Assignment photo album prior to midnight on Monday December 14th. Do NOT
add a title to your photo! Your image should be strong enough to stand on its own without the assistance of a title or caption. To add your photo, go to the Photos page, click on Add Photos. Make sure you choose the 2009 Holidays photo album. Contest Entry:
If you have made a donation to help fund this meetup anytime in the last year, your photo in the album will be considered a contest entry instead of an exhibition photo. To read more about the contest entry fee, please checkout the contest information page
. To confirm whether you have donated in the appropriate time period, send an e-mail to Karen. To make a donation, click the PayPal link in the upper right corner of this listing. Questions:
Post your questions in the message board thread for this assignment. Most likely if you have a question about the topic or about how the assignment or contest works, then someone else does as well.