Sep 30, 2010 · 11:45 PM
Jerry Olson won the August competition and got to choose the theme for the September assignment. Here is his chosen theme.
Theme - Colorful Colorado Jerry's comment on the theme:
I think that is broad enough for all kinds of creative entries! The assignment begins September 6th and will end on Thursday September 30th at midnight. If you would like e-mail reminders of the deadline, please RSVP. You are under no obligation to submit an image if you do RSVP however. Participating in the assignment is
FREE! All images submitted are put into a photo album on meetup and entered into an exhibition at the end of the month. At that point, other members are encouraged to view and comment on the exhibition. Think of it as an online gallery opening.
- For a photo to be eligible for the exhibition, it must have been taken by you between September 6th and September 30th of 2010.
- You are only allowed to submit one image.
- You retain ALL rights to your image.
- Your image shall not be obscene or contain, pornography, child pornography, or photographs of unclothed person(s); Section 4.2 (e) of the Meetup Terms of Service Agreement
- EXIF data must be available on your image. Images entered without EXIF attached to the photo are disqualified. (To find out more about EXIF, click here.)
- Image must be sized no larger than 1024 pixels on its longest side.
- Do not "promote" your entry into the contest to attract votes by talking about it on the message boards. This does not preclude you from posting your image on any other photo sharing website however.
Add your image to the 2010 September Assignment photo album prior to midnight on September 30th. If you do not want to participate in the contest, please add ***EXHIBITION ONLY*** as the title of your image. Otherwise, do NOT add a title to your photo or enter a comment about it!
Your image should be strong enough to stand on its own without the assistance of a title or comment. To add your photo, go to any photo album and click on Add Photos. Make sure you choose the September photo album. Participating in the assignment is FREE
. To participate in the contest, please pay the member dues on the welcome page of the meetup. For More Information
If you have questions about the difference between the assignment and the contest, please read the FAQ page
and the Contest Information page
. If those pages did not answer your question, please post your question in the message board thread
. Most likely someone else has the same question as you and can benefit from the answer too.