January 4, 2010 · 11:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
It's time to show off. Show us your best work. You may even win something for it! The year end contest is your opportunity to show the group your best images taken throughout the year. Here are the entry details. This is an online competition only - there is no need to RSVP unless you want automated reminders.
- For a photo to be eligible for the competition, it must have been taken BY YOU between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009.
- EXIF data must be available on your image. Images entered without EXIF attached to the photo are disqualified.
- Images must be sized no larger than 1,024 pixels on its longest side.
- You are allowed to submit THREE images.
- You retain ALL rights to your image.
- An image is allowed to have a signature, watermark, or border as long as the image is no larger than 1,000 pixels on its longest side.
- Your images shall not be obscene or contain, pornography, child pornography, or photographs of unclothed person(s); Section 4.2 (e) of the Meetup Terms of Service Agreement
- You must have entered at least one previous monthly contest.
- You must be current on your Meetup donation.
If your image placed first or second in a monthly competition during 2009 it will be automatically entered into the competition. These are "bonus entries" and do not count towards your 3 image entry limit. Please do not submit these images with your other images. We already have them and will include them with the images to judge. Prizes:
We will award prizes to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place images. There will also be 3 Honorable Mention entries announced. The prizes will be gift certificates to B&H Camera. The amount of the prizes will be announced once the submission deadline has passed (since the amounts are partially determined by the number of entries.) Submision:
Add your images to the 2009 Year-End Contest photo album
before midnight on Monday, January 4th, 2010. Do NOT
add titles to your photos! Your images should be strong enough to stand on their own without the assistance of titles or captions. To add your photos, go to the Photos page, click on Add Photos. Make sure you choose the 2009 Year-End Contest photo album. ONLY people participating in the contest will be allowed to upload images to this album. This is different than the monthly assignments. Judging:
The judges will be photographers from outside of the meetup. If all goes as planned, the winners should be announced and prizes awarded before the end of January. If you have any questions, please post them in the discussion thread
for this event. If you have a question, most likely someone else does too, so it's best to post them so everyone can see the answers. Good luck and I look forward to seeing all the entries!