January 28, 2013 · 11:45 PM
The theme for January is FROZEN! Our December winner, Bridget had no further explanation of this months theme, other than FROZEN. So the interpretation is completely up to you!
The January contest will be open for entries beginning on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 and run until midnight Monday, January 28, 2013. Voting will then open on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 and run until 5:00pm Thursday, January 31st. The winner will then have 24 hours to decide what the theme for February will be!
So time to think FROZEN for this month brrrrrrrrrrrr, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
A COUPLE OF SPECIAL NOTES:
YOU HAVE TO HAVE TAKEN THE IMAGE YOU ARE ENTERING: We know this should be obvious, but we just want to clarify this. So no restored photos, Photoshop compilations or creations etc.
PLEASE NOTE: If you paid your $10.00 contest fee to enter last month's contest YOU DON'T have to pay again to enter the monthly contests for the rest of the year.
IF YOU HAVEN'T paid to enter the contest, please be sure to do so BEFORE you enter your photo. If you don't pay, no worries, your image will just be flagged as exhibition only!
TO POST YOUR ENTRIES:
- Click the "PHOTO" tab on the navigation bar at the top of the Meetup site.
- In the "PHOTO" tab, there will be a PHOTO ALBUM titled "2013 January Photo Contest: "Frozen"
- Upload your entry there
- Don't forget to give it a creative title, or I will give it a generic one! LOL...much better if you name your image!
HOW TO VOTE FOR THE MONTHLY CONTEST WINNER
USING THE VOTING POLL:
Once the entries have closed for the month, I will create a Member Voting Poll, so everyone can go in and vote for their favorite image for the month.
To "VOTE" you:
- Click the "MORE" tab on the navigation bar at the top of the Meetup site.
- Click to open the "MONTHLY VOTING POLL"
- You will find the entries listed according to their title that is posted in the Monthly Contest Photo Album.
- Select your favorite image, by clicking the button next to the image you want to vote for.
- PLEASE NOTE: If we have more that 12 entries in a monthly contest we may have to open 2 or more polls to handle all the entries! Meetup only allows us to put 12 entries in any given poll.
- PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR 1 ENTRY!