We had an awesome turnout for the August assignment, so please come out and vote and show 'em some love!
The August assignment is closed and the exhibition and competition are now underway. Come take a look at the submissions and if you are so inclined, cast your votes for the August competition winner. All members of this meetup group are allowed and encouraged to look over the images and vote for their favorite 3 images. Yes, EVERYONE is encouraged and welcome to vote. All photos that are up for consideration in the August contest can be viewed in the August 2009 photo album
August 's assignment and contest theme of Transportation
was chosen by Scott Burke, winner of the July 2009 assignment and contest.
Voting will start now Tuesday September 1st, and end on Thursday, September 3rd, at 7 p.m. The winner will be formally announced shortly thereafter.
There are 7 images submitted for consideration in the contest and 6 images submitted for exhibition only. Whoo hoo! This is a great turnout - thanks everyone for participating.Voting Rules:
The winner will receive:
- If you submitted an entry you CANNOT vote!
- Pick your favorite 3 images from the thread of entries submitted by members and rank them from first place to third place with "#1" being your favorite.
- Don't forget to consider an image's adherence to the theme when determining your votes and ranking.
- You are only allowed to cast your votes once per monthly assignment.
- Bragging rights.
- The choice of the September 2009 photo assignment/contest theme.
- The winning photograph automatically will be entered into the 2009 Year-End Photo Competition.
- The winning photo will become the meetup group's main image for the following month.
- The second place photo will also automatically be entered into the 2009 Year-End Photo Competition.
On the image that you feels deserves to be recognized for first place, please leave a comment such as "1st place - This image rocks because..." On the image that you feels deserves to be recognized in second place, please leave a comment such as "2nd place - This image is cool because..." Then do the same for your third place image too. It is okay to leave a comment without a vote, but please make sure if you vote on an image that it is easy for the judge to tell that what you wrote is a vote. As you look through the photo entries, please feel free to leave comments on photos you did not vote for; everyone likes to receive recognition of their work.
Do not vote for any EXHIBITION ONLY photos. An entry is for exhibition only if it says "***For Exhibition Only*** in the title of the image and also has the artist's name.Miscellaneous Small Print:
Votes for anything other than 1st through 3rd place will NOT be counted, and multiple votes for a single rank (like two 2nd place votes) by a single individual will also be discounted.
Voting is weighted by number of votes AND ranking, so the image with the highest score, not necessarily the most votes, will be the winner.
For those who are competing, please have your topic for the September 2009 assignment ready to go and be available should you be contacted Thursday evening(September 3rd).