Front Range Photography Message Board › Would anyone be interested in photographing a motorcycle race?

Would anyone be interested in photographing a motorcycle race?

A former member
Post #: 33
I might be able to get some people in FREE or at least discounted tickets to some MRA races if you're interested in shooting this sort of event. The races are all summer long and they do already have "official" photographers, but I know they always have room for more.
Jas P.
user 12687444
Englewood, CO
Post #: 2
That sounds pretty interesting actually and I would be happy to join the team if we make this happen.

A former member
Post #: 34
Cool. I want to gauge the feedback before try and arrange entry.
Mike R.
user 5688043
Denver, CO
Post #: 203
Jason,

I'm interested, but it may depend on dates. My camera has to be repaired before I can head out to the track again.

Make sure you get the ok from MRA and they know who & how many will be there. They may want to meet with you early before racing begins, to cover track safety. Shooting may be restricted to public viewing areas, depending on their insurance and club rules. I'm familiar with all of the tracks that they race, so let me know if you need any location / time of day / angle / lens questions.

Warning: Shooting at racing events can be very dangerous and you typically have to sign a waiver at the gate releasing the club, track and their insurer's of any liability for you or your equipment. Follow any and all rules and be extremely careful. I love shooting at the track, but I take it very seriously when I'm out there. I haven't shot motorcycle road racing yet, but have shot both amateur and pro road racing, rally and hill climb events.

Mike Rogers
A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to do this. It would be my first time shooting a sport's race.
Bambi
bdingman
Louisville, CO
Post #: 24
I would definitely be interested in this! Sounds great!!
A former member
Post #: 17
Sound like a great idea Jason, where and when are the racing. I never shot a motorcycle race before, be a new experience for me
Brian K.
user 8340638
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Great idea, this sounds like fun.
A former member
Post #: 36
I'll go ahead and ask if we can get in, then. Yes, a waiver will probably be involved and yes it can be dangerous, but it should be interesting and it'll be a lot of free PR for the MRA. :D
A former member
Post #: 167
count me in smile