Front Range Photography Message Board › Would anyone be interested in photographing a motorcycle race?

Would anyone be interested in photographing a motorcycle race?

Roy Shockey J.
uggie
Littleton, CO
Post #: 3
I would love to get in on this. Thanks for setting this up.
A former member
Post #: 1
I would definitely be interested in this!
John J M.
user 11581283
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
I'd be interested in joining the fun. Love shooting speed and I ride so what's not to love! Keep me in the loop on your plans.
A former member
I am interested too. Thanks
Leslie p.
user 11025929
Brighton, CO
Post #: 6
Not a huge fan of motorcycles but I am always up for trying some thing new! I love sports and would welcome the chance to shoot a fast one!
A former member
Would definitely be interested in this.
A former member
Post #: 37
Okay, I spoke to an MRA contact and one of their regular photographers last night. I'm supposed to get some more details but the gist of it is this:

The photographers have to get there early in the morning to take a safety class if they want to be on the track.

A limited number of photographers per day at the track (maybe 10) but we can come multiple days.

You have to prove you have some sort of health insurance. They got bit in the butt when a motorcycle left the track a few years ago, smashed a bystander and a vehicle. The bystander's father is a lawyer and he sued everyone.

A waiver will have to be signed. (see above)

I'm supposed to get more official details any day now, but I know the race season has already started: http://www.mra-racing...­.

One of their current photographers: http://www.facebook.c...­

Another one: http://www.onthemarcp...­

Both of these guys are friends of mine and shoot nearly every race. But it gives you an idea of what kind of shot you can expect.
Karen F.
floyka
Arvada, CO
Post #: 690
Jason, if you want I can set this up as a meetup and have you as the organizer for it. Shoot me an e-mail.
A former member
Post #: 41
has everyone who is interested looked at the dates? I know the next race is May 21, but I'm busy with a Noob motorcycle ride that day. Is May 22 too close of a date? I might not be in town for the June races.

As it sits, they'd like no more than 10 people on the track. If anyone else comes they will not be allowed near or on the track. That doesn't mean you can't walk around and photograph the pits or anything, you just won't be allowed on the track itself.

Otherwise here's what they need.

1- Basic info (name, address, blah blah blah)

2- Insurance info

3- Emergency contact info

4- $20 deposit for the pass which they will get back at the end of the day when they turn the media pass back in.

5- Clothing - No bright neon colors that will cause a distraction. No red, black or yellow. Approved colors are white, beige, and blue.

That's basically all they will need. They will still have to pay to get in, since they won't have a media pass when they enter the gate, so make sure and get some 2 for 1 fliers.

Once I have a headcount I can probably get some 2for1 passes if not outright free passes.

But please let me know if May 22 is too close. July and August might be too hot to sit out there all day but there are some September and October dates, too.

@Karen, I'll let you know as soon as I have a date in mind, unless we can create an event with a date to be determined.
John H.
user 8271392
Aurora, CO
Post #: 5
I think that would be great fun.