| Contest Information
| Contest Winners!
| Group Guidelines
| Related Links
Anyone with an interest in Digital Photography is welcome to join, whether you have a digital camera or not
. You can be a beginner, expert, amateur, or professional. We are simply a group of people who enjoy photography and are interested in talking with other photographers about everything from equipment to techniques and digital editing, but are especially interested in going out and shooting with other photographers. The best way to learn this is to do it, so we try to give many opportunities each month to do just that.
and meeting times vary from month to month, but are arranged to try and accommodate most everyone's schedule to help avoid time conflicts. Event announcements are generally made at least a week in advance. All of the items on the calendar are for your information only. The only time the group gets together to shoot you will be prompted to RSVP for the event.
The group is currently free
. The organizers donate their time in order to make this a successful meetup. Paid events
Occasionally we offer events that will require a fee to participate. These fees are not refundable. Keep in mind, once you rsvp for an event, that spot is saved for you. We cannot have events where we count on a number only to have people drop out before the event without enough time to fill it.
We realize that sometimes life gets in the way of the best laid plans. If this happens, you are welcome to sell your rsvp to someone on the waiting list. Just post a message your rsvp is for sale and take it from there.
On rare occasions when we are in a situation to be able to refund an rsvp, you will be charged a processing fee (WePay charges us, so we must pass that fee along to you PLUS a $5.00 processing fee for FRPM.) Checking your calendar before committing yourself is the best practice.
Some helpful links:Working with Artists (WWA)
- This is a great local photography school that offers classes, seminars, and workshops with adult and kid programs that range in skill level from very beginner to professional. They also have a full working gallery, Flash, that has monthly exhibits and frequent calls for entries. Highly Recommended!Digitial Photo Pro Links
- Website with great articles and links to other photographer websites.KEH.com
- The worlds largest used camera dealer. Very good for buying, selling, and getting equipment repaired. Very fast turn around on quotes and payment for used gear.The Camera Trader
- a little independent store off Hampden, west of Santa Fe, I found the staff to be extremely helpful. B&H Photo
- if they don't have what you're looking for, it might not exist! Digital Photography Review
- a great resource for in-depth camera reviewsWhy Raw - Part I
- an informative technical article on the mysteries of Raw format and what it means to us.Photoshop Tutorials
- This is a really great website offering FREE tutorials for many different photoshop tools, techniques, and workflow processes. Very easy to follow and is put together by one of the leading gurus in the photoshop world, Russell Brown.
Questions? Comments? Link Suggestions? Post on the Message Board
or Contact Me