| Contest Information
| Contest Winners!
| Group Guidelines
| Related Links
Front Range Photography Group GuidelinesTypes of Events
Front Range Photography Group has a variety of events.
- Meetups at locations to photograph (for free)
- Meetups at locations lead by a professional (for a fee)
- Workshops (for free)
- Workshops lead by a Photography Professional (for a fee)
- Workshops where we pay a 3rd party to provide us with a subject (good example is HawkQuest)
*All Meetups require members to RSVP. Even if no fees are involved to attend, please be considerate of the Leaders. If you cannot attend, please make your RSVP reflect that. Volunteers are Encouraged!
If you have a suggestion or would like to lead a Meetup, please contact us! We welcome members who are interested in leading a Meetup. You can plan it, and we will post it. Our goal is to have as many events as possible and we can't do it all alone! Don't be bashful, speak up!Mailing List
*Don't reply to the mailing list. Reply directly to the sender or post your question on the message boards.First Post
*Your first post shouldn't be trying to sell something to the group or trying to get the group to do something for you. Get to know us first and learn how we operate. This applies to new members wanting to sell a piece of equipment to professional photographers wanting to advertise their newest seminar. Your first offense causes an immediate deletion of the thread. Your second offense causes an immediate ban from the group. Discussions
*The Meetup site has a discussion section where you are encouraged to participate. This board is for announcing events, workshops, contests, seeking and providing advice. It is NOT to be used for spamming the group, MLM, personal interest announcements. Those will be promptly deleted with no warning. Repeat offenders will be cheerfully stoned in the town square and/or banned from the network.Photo Albums
*Post no more than 5 photos to any
photo album. Photos outside of this limit will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses will be cause for removal from the group.Member's Showcase Album Guidelines
to the album meetup if you would like to receive updates via email when photos or comments have been posted.
2. Posting photos
• Be brave! If you have felt intimidated by the photos that are posted to the contest, don't be. This album is not a competition. All skill levels are welcome!
• Post as many times as you want but please limit yourself to 3 photos per day.
(Self editing is a great self guiding learning tool so show us your best!)
• Please share a little about the photo - where you took it, interesting stories about it, challenges you encountered taking the photo, camera settings if you like, and anything else you think fellow members would be interested in knowing.
• Above all, be kind!
• If you enjoy a photo, please take a moment to comment. We all love positive feedback and to be encouraged.
• Please don't offer constructive criticism unless the person posting the photo has asked for it.
• When offering constructive criticism, use the Oreo technique. That's Oreo as in the cookie. In other words, sandwich your constructive criticism between two positive comments.Activity Level
*We don't ask that you attend any meetups or post on the message boards. If you want to sit back and gain knowledge from reading others posts, that's fine. But if you don't at least access the message boards or RSVP for a meetup every 6 months, Meetup thinks that you are inactive. Members who are inactive may be removed from the meetup without notice. If this happens, feel free to rejoin the group when you have more time to spend with us.