Clear your closets and get ready for Fall with the return of our Frugal Vegas Clothing Swap Party, this time for ...
Women's Clothes - Plus Sizes!
16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X
If you're a different size, we also do shoes, jewelry, accessories, purses, home decor, gift items ... whatever fabulous stuff you think could use a good home ... so all shapes and sizes are welcome. If you would like to see a swap for other sizes or kids stuff, please volunteer to host and we'll add you to the calendar.
POTLUCK: Please comment what food you're bringing so we have a good variety. Healthy dishes win bonus points! Bring your own beverage. Dishes, cups, cutlery, and napkins provided.
SUGGESTED DONATION: $3 cash at the door covers party supplies and helps support our website fees (I pay $144 a year to Meetup.com for this group.)
VENUE: Private Residence -- Cynthia's condo near UNLV (Tropicana & Maryland)
If you cannot attend and want to donate items, or if you want to drop your bag off early, email Cynthia.
We will email the address before the event. This is our Twelfth Swap and we learn a new trick every time. Remember, this is meant to be a fun and friendly poke to clean out your clutter and maybe get a few nice things in exchange. <3
Frugal Vegas Swap Party Rules
1. Have Fun! Even if you don't have much to share, come party with us. Bring a friend! Please-please-please honor your RSVP because seats are limited and there's usually a Waiting List. In the past, we've hosted swaps with 30 people and it promptly turned into chaos, lol.
2. Quality, Not Quantity! We're only interested in clothes you would be PROUD to wear, ladies. Let's focus on stuff for work and play -- NOT the casino t-shirts you keep winning when you cash your paycheck. Bring clean clothes in GREAT condition only - NO stains, rips, missing parts, repairs needed, etc. Toiletries and cosmetics should be new, or hygienically reasonable. For example: a half-full bottle of $70 perfume still has good value, but half a bottle of Kmart body spray belongs in the garbage. Save me a leftovers trip to Goodwill and bring your best items.
3. Vanna White Method! We will go through each box together. Volunteers will hold up each item, so everyone can see it and say if they want it. If multiple people want one item, the person who has found the least will get first chance to try it on and decide, if not, the other ladies can work out who deserves the next chance, on and on. The hostess gets dibs on anything, in thanks for providing the venue.
4. No Hogging! Everyone deserves a fair share ... so if you didn't bring a lot, don't expect dibs on the Coach bag. We're here to be friends sharing closets, not stocking your eBay store. If you don't have a lot of clothes to spare, make it up with other goodies. And if you see someone being a hog, call 'em on it or whisper to the host during breaks.
5. Must be Present to Win! On the first round, you may only claim items for yourself, not for folks back home. At the end once everyone's had a chance, please do fill take-home bags for your daughters, neighbors, church families, whatever. Or take a bag for Savers to get the 20% coupon. We also want you to try things on so you know they're keepers, otherwise someone else should've gotten it.
6. Charity! All leftover items will be given away or donated to charity. If you miss the party and want to go thru what's left, email Cynthia to swing by and donate what you think your take is worth.