Event is free & open to all ages!
Weather forecast: Dress for sunset. Daytime: Mid 70's °F, Sunny, Wind 6-10mph.
LOCATION WARNING: Park's roads can be confusing! It's a GREAT park, but has bad signage, and map sites can be worse. I want to see y'all smiling fruity faces so please proceed with extreme caution, at your own risk when getting & using directions. If you get lost, they'll be no number to call. When getting directions from a map site or GPS, avoid "restricted" or "private" roads, and use only the following coordinates since the location has no "house number":
Latitude, Longitude enter into GPS one of two ways:
...which are the coordinates for a big sign that reads "ELYSIAN PARK - ANGELS POINT", which can be seen here:
- Google Map's Satellite View
- Google Map's Street View
Once at the big sign:
1. Parallel park along shoulder (ample & free)
2. Walk past the big sign onto short dirt trail
3. Turn left as soon as you can safely walk down the short slope
4. Continue onto grassy field
5. Look for fruit, ideally we'll be at a picnic table to your right, closest to the overlook, but tables can't be reserved and are first-come first-served, so we may be somewhere else in the field, which isn't huge, so we shouldn't be hard to find
Carpooling encouraged: Post in conversation below.
Please bring lots of whole fresh ripe raw preferably organic, heirloom and/or exotic fruits & shoots
* Good vibes, family & friends
* Sharp knives & cutting board if your fruit needs it
* Plate/bowl, utensils, cup, napkin/towel, filtered water, picnic blankets, sunglasses & hat if you need it
* Musical instruments & lawn games (frisbee, soccer, croquet, etc) for some fun!
* Coat, pants, flashlight for later
* Meetup starts 1:30p - arrive & leave anytime!
* Sunset 7:24p
* Meetup ends 7:30p
* End of civil twilight 7:49p - warning: park has very little artificial light
* Park gates close 9p
Great views of the sunset, a 28-foot tall modern sculpture, Dodger Stadium, DTLA, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood Sign, Santa Monica Mountain Range, Baldwin Hills, and on a clear day: the ocean, Palos Verde & Catalina! Field has water fountains & one porta-potty. I'll have extra TP just in case, and there's many restrooms throughout the park.
Dogs: park requires dogs on-leash at all times and has no designated off-leash areas, though I won't be an enforcer :)