So it begins! Over 200 restaurants are participating in Winterlicious and this was the process I followed (I take choosing restaurants for us to visit very seriously. You are worth it! :)):
1. I looked up restaurants that offered dinner for $25 and lunch for $15
2. I looked up every restaurant that met the first criteria on Yelp and Urbanspoon
3. If the reviews were 4/5 or above I read the Winterlicious menu
4. If the Winterlicious menu was extensive I put the restaurant in my "maybe" list
5. I checked what restaurants take reservations and removed the one's that don't from the "maybe" list
6. From the remaining restaurants on my list I chose 1 of each type of cuisine in order to keep it interesting
Now let's talk about The Host. I have been to The Host a couple of times because I do enjoy their food, though their service has been sketchy. I primarily chose this restaurant because I liked the extensive Winterlicious menu options and I really like their butter chicken. And for $15! That's great value! In fact, I reviewed The Host on my blog:
If you RSVP “yes” and change your mind about attending, please update your RSVP.
Those who RSVP “yes” are expected to show up.
You are expected to be at the event on time. In situations where you are late and the restaurant is full, your seat will be given away and not held, so please be on-time.
Attendance will be taken at all events and “no shows” will be tracked.
A person may be removed from the group for repeatedly being a “no show”.
A person who changes their RSVP to “no” with less than 3 hours before the start of an event without a good reason will be considered a “no show”.
A person who just briefly shows up at the event but does not stay at the restaurant for the meal will still be considered a “no show”.
PLEASE PLEASE tip! Sadly in the past people have not tipped or paid what they owed. I realize that one bill is a pain in the butt and tedious, but with such a large group, this will often be the case. In good faith I am trusting that you will add the tax and tip to your total and pay accordingly. If you are unhappy with an aspect of your meal or service, please let me know in advance so that I can do my best to rectify it with the restaurant. It's rude to not pay what you owe.
See you soon!!!