FUN HAPPENINGS TRAVEL & ADVENTURE PRESENTS
FALL 2014 GREEK ISLAND ADVENTURE
11 DAYS EXPLORING 5 GREEK ISLANDS, TURKEY & ATHENS...
- DEPARTING WED OCT 8TH- RETURNING SUN. OCT 19TH -
AN AMAZING TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!
IT'S BACK AGAIN! The first Greek Island Adventure was so incredible in May OF 2013- we had to do it again for everyone that missed it! We're partnering with Nashville Hiking Meetup group & other meetup's across the state to create a fun, eclectic group of travelers.
Fun Happening's 11 Day "Greek Island Hopper & Aegean Adventure" takes us to culturally diverse destinations in Greece and Turkey. The trip is an Amazing itinerary- exclusively customized for Fun Happenings- and includes both Island Stays and cruising. The trip's itinerary offers relaxing stays on Mykonos & Santorini and a 4-Day Aegean Sea Cruise visiting Kudsasi Turkey, Patmos, Rhodes and Crete! The cruise allows us to see so much in 4 days- as we relax and enjoy the ship's nightly entertainment, casino, pools and bars and sleep- while our ship travels to our next port of call.
Fun Happenings is partnering with a local Greek tour company that has customized our group's itinerary and excursions that allow us to completely immerse ourselves into the Greek culture and experience a part of Greece that tourists rarely see... We will experience authentic Greek Tavernas, unique walking tours of towns we visit, partake in a cooking class and enjoy the nightlife in Mykonos and Santorini... It's definitely going to be a trip of a Lifetime!
THE COST OF THIS TRIP WILL BE $3185 For 11-Day AIR / Land / Cruise Package from BNA to Athens Greece. There are only 20 spots available on this trip.
Mykonos Harbor and City.....
Oia, Santorini - famous for the Caldera Views where our group will spend 4 glorious days
View from our Athens Hotel's rooftop Terrace- overlooking the Acropolis
Aegean Sea- Outside of Herkalion, Crete
11-DAY TRIP ITINERARY / TRIP AT A GLANCE
- Depart Wed. Oct. 8TH- Arrive Athens Thursday, Oct. 9TH
- Depart Athens for Nashville on Sun. Oct. 19TH
Day 1: Morning Arrival in Athens (9:20am)- Athens Panoramic City Tour included and Guided Tour/admission of Acropolis/Parthenon, Welcome Dinner (Thursday)
Day 2: Athens, Transfer to Piraeus for Cruise to Mykonos for 3-Night Stay (Friday)
Day 3: Mykonos (Saturday) Day 4: Mykonos (Sunday)
Day 5: Mykonos, Embark on 4-Day Cruise (Monday late afternoon)
Day 6: Kusadasi Turkey (Ancient City of Ephesus) & Patmos (PM) (Tue)
Day 7: Rhodes (Wednesday- Full Day)
Day 8: Crete in morning / Arrive in Santorini for 4 Night Stay (Thursday)
Day 9: Santorini (Friday)
Day 10: Santorini Farewell to Greece Dinner" (Saturday)
Day 11: Flight to Athens Airport from Santorini & Departure for U.S. (Sunday)
Our Itinerary on a Map
What's Included in this Trip
- Round Trip coach Airfare from Nashville to Athens Greece on Delta/KLM
- Private Ground transportation- private tour manager for duration of trip
- 7 Nights accommodations at 4-star hotels- 1 Night Athens, 3 Nights each in Mykonos & Santorini
- 11 Breakfasts, 4 lunches & 5 Dinners Included (60% of your meals included)
- Athens Panoramic City Tour, Tour of Acropolis, Walking tours of Mykonos, Rhodes & Santorini.
- Welcome Dinner in Athens & Farewell Dinner in Santorini- includes wine, music and dancing!
- 4-Day Aegean cruise full board accommodations (inside cabin IB/IC category), meals, entertainment, port taxes and gratuities to cruise personnel (gratuities worth $76 per person).
- Domestic One-Way Airfare from Santorini to Athens (included in Air / Land Package only)
- All domestic taxes, International flight taxes, baggage service at hotels and gratuities on our ship
What's Not Included on Trip
- Items of a personal nature (Phone calls, laundry, room service, spa services, internet, medical services, meals not included in Land Package, alcoholic beverages)
- Optional Excursions not included on trip (4-5 optional trips offered), Tips to Tour Guides on optional tours and our Tour Manager for our group.
- Souvenirs, Medical assistance, International Medical insurance, Trip interruption insurance.
- On board the Cruise, no alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks included with meals or during the cruise. You will have the opportunity to purchase either a non-alcoholic or alcoholic drink package for the cruise- that includes unlimited drinks.
- Cabin Upgrade to Outside or Balcony suite.
Fun Happenings is providing highly rated 4 star First Class hotels in central locations with many amenities- including full service restaurant, bar, pool, spa, gym, wi fi and included breakfast buffet. The accommodations provided on board the cruise- are inside cabins- but can be upgraded for a nominal fee to outside cabins or Junior suite.
1). Athens Hotel: Divani Acropolis Palace Hotel - www.divaniacropolis.gr
Divani Palace Acropolis Reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189400-d230391-Reviews-Divani_Acropolis_Palace_Hotel-Athens_Attica.html
Our Hotel in Athens... overlooks the Acropolis and is in the popular Plaka shopping area...
2). Mykonos Hotel: ilio Maris Hotel Mykonos - http://www.iliomaris.com/
ilio Maris Hotel Reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g662620-d243096-Reviews-s1-Ilio_Maris_Hotel-Mykonos_Town_Mykonos_Cyclades.html
ilio Maris Mykonos Hotel... a beautiful 4-star sea front hotel- walking distance to Mykonos Town
3). Santorini Hotel: Volcano View Hotel & Villas - http://www.volcano-view.com/
Volcano View Hotel & Villas Reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g482942-d3214958-Reviews-Volcano_View_Hotel_Villas-Fira_Santorini_Cyclades.html
Volcano View Hotel & Villas - Our Hotel in Santorini.. A Beautiful, boutique
hotel with magnificent sea and caldera views.....
4). Cruise Line: Louis Cruise Lines: http://www.louiscruises.com
(Our Ship): Louis Olympia: http://www.louiscruises.com/en/cruise-ships/cruise-ship/LO/louis-olympia.html
"Louis Olympia" - Our Cruise Ship for 4 days...
DETAILED 11-DAY ITINERARY
Day 1: THURSDAY: Arrival into Athens at 09:20am- Our private coach and Tour Guide, who will be with us for 11 days- will meet our group at Athens International Airport. They will take our group on a Panoramic Tour of Athens, before taking us to our Centrally located Athens hotel- <a href="http://www.divanis.com/acropolis/default-en.html">The Divani Palace Acropolis Hotel. Hotel staff will join us for a Private Check-in, allow us to Freshen up and grab a quick bite to eat- before meeting in the lobby for a private Guided Tour of the Acropolis / Parthenon. Join our Group for a Happy Hour at 5:30pm on the Hotel's rooftop patio- overlooking the Acropolis, before we walk to a nearby local Greek Taverna for our "Welcome to Greece" dinner starting at 7pm. A busy day- but so much to see and explore in this beautiful city! (If purchasing your own air to Greece- Arrive before 9:15am on Thursday, Oct. 2nd or schedule to arrive the day before and receive the group rate for an extra night in Athens)
- Overnight in Athens. Welcome Dinner included at local Taverna, Greek music and dancing.
Day 2: FRIDAY: Athens- Depart Athens in morning- after breakfast for our Day Cruise to Mykonos. Meet in the lobby at 8:15am for our transfer to the port of Piraeus. Mykonos is known as one of the most beautiful islands in the world and as the "Greek St Tropez". Upon arrival in Mykonos, we are led on a walking tour of Mykonos Town- so we can familarize ourselves with this quaint town- for our 3 night stay. Then we are transferred to our hotel in Mykonos- the majestic 4-star Ilio Maris Hotel & Spa in Mykonos.
- 3 Nights in Mykonos- Friday, Saturday & Sunday. (Breakfast, Lunch on ship included)
Day 3 & Day 4: SATURDAY & SUNDAY- Mykonos- Enjoy three sun-filled days on the island of Mykonos, where your options are endless. Spend a day relaxing on one of its many beaches, stroll down the town’s whitewashed streets, sip a drink on the waterfront while enjoying the sunset, partake in some of the best shopping in the world, take a trip to the nearby magical island of Delos, enjoy the exciting nightlife, savor the authentic Greek cuisine and more! And don't forget the Nightlife in Mykonos- some of the best in the world!
- 3 Nights in Mykonos- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: (Breakfast included)
Day 5: MONDAY: Mykonos- Spend most of the Day on Mykonos at your leisure, head into town and explore all quaint boutiques, cafes and galleries or relax at hotel's pool or beach- but definitely savor your last day on this beautiful island! We Meet in the Hotel Lobby at 4:30pm- to be transferred to our cruise ship- The Louis Olympia-to Embark on our 4-Day Cruise to Kudsasi Turkey, Patmos, Rhodes and Crete. The cruise is a great time- with many activities to enjoy onboard. While we play, eat and sleep at night and enjoy the luxuries of a cruise ship- we'll wake up to a different island to explore each day.
- Overnight on Cruise Ship-Louis Olympia (Breakfast, Dinner on board included)
Day 6: TUESDAY: Kusadasi Turkey / Patmos- Our ship arrives in Kusadasi, Turkey at 7:00am- where we'll have the chance to visit Ephesus, the ancient Greek city founded in the 8th Century BC and one of the top preserved archaeological sites in the world! EPHESUS is not to be missed! Our ship then departs for the island of Patmos. Enjoy this sacred island of Patmos, with an austere physiognomy and where you will have the opportunity to visit St. John Monastery and see where John the Evangelist wrote the Apocalypse. There's so much history on this smaller Greek island. (FYI: We are 500 miles away from Istanbul and their are no reported demonstrations in this region).
- Overnight on Cruise Ship- Louis Olympia
- Meals Today Included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner included on board
Day 7: WEDNESDAY: RHODES- Enjoy a Full Day on the the beautiful and historical Island of Rhodes. Take the adventurous excursion to Lindos and tour the Famous "Acropolis of Lindos" or take the Fun Happenings' Walking tour of the Old Town of Rhodes and visit some of the island's top landmarks- The Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodesor the Colossus of Rhodes- one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World (admissions extra). The shopping in Rhodes Town is incredible and the town is filled with many cafes, galleries and shops.
- Overnight on Cruise Ship- Louis Olympia
- Meals Included Today: Breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
Day 8: THURSDAY: Heraklion Crete / Santorini- Arrive in the Capital city of Heraklion on the island of Crete in the morning. While in Crete, you can visit the Minoan Palace of Knossos (optional excursion), Take a winery tour or explore the beautiful port city on your own. Around noon, we sail for Island of Santorini- where we'll spend 4 glorious nights in the Town of Fira. Our group will be staying at the centrally-located 4-star hotel- The Kallista Thera Hotel. After check-in, Enjoy a complimentary walking tour of Fira or take the rest of the Day and evening at leisure. Find a cliff side cafe or bar and toast the most beautiful sunset you will ever see! Santorini is unbelievable! Our group will completely immerse ourselves in Santorini's culture for 3 full days and explore every area of the island!
- Overnight in Santorini
- Meals Included Today: Breakfast, lunch.
Day 9, 10 & 11: FRIDAY, SATURDAY: Santorini- Spend 3 fun-filled Days on Santorini! You will have plenty of options to explore on this enchanting island- as there's so much to experience here. We'll offer several excursions in Santorini to enjoy! Take our 3 Winery Tour (optional) and enjoy the magical views- while sampling wines or Don't miss the most incredible Sunset Cruise in the world- as we charter a 110' Tall Ship to see the magnificent sunset in Santorini. Or possibly book a cliff side / caldera view Massage- where you will experience views like never before- during your massage! Explore the quaint villages of Fira and Oia for shopping, galleries and quaint cafes or rent a jeep or scooters and explore the quiet side of the island with beautiful black lava beaches...Santorini is the most incredible destination in the World! Enjoy our final night in Santorini on Saturday- as our group gathers at a popular local Taverna for our "Farewell to Greece" celebration with traditional greek dancing and music...OPA!
- Overnight in Santorini
- Breakfast included, Farewell Dinner on Saturday Night
Day 12: SUNDAY: Santorini- Depart early Sunday morning on Aegean Airlines to Athens Airport for 1:35pm Departure to U.S.
- Early morning transfer to Santorini Airport / Arrival at Nashville BNA 11:00pm
- Breakfast included
GREECE TRIP PRICING
11-DAY AIR / LAND / CRUISE PACKAGE: $[masked]
(IF PAID IN FULL BY CHECK- INCLUDES RT AIR FROM BNA TO ATHENS GR, 10-NIGHT/11 DAY LAND PACKAGE WITH SAME AS ABOVE INCLUSIONS) AND FLIGHT RETURNING ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19TH). - Pricing for the Air/Land Spots are guaranteed until August 18th for 20 persons that join the trip- as Group Air/Coach space is maximum capacity at 20 persons.-
- PAYMENT TERMS UPDATE- AS OF AUGUST 15TH- Since we are 6 weeks away from our Departure Date- Only Full Payment is an option for payment of trip.... Air / land / Cruise package is only option to join this trip.....
- THE ONLY WAY TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE- IS TO PAY IN FULL- An RSVP Does Not Reserve your spot on the trip.
Please email me at [masked]- if you have any questions on payment terms.
Payments can be sent either by:
Make check payable to Fun Happenings and mail to:
PO Box 322
Brentwood TN 37024
- PAY PAL PAYMENTS: (Using credit cards)- If sending payment by PayPal- send Payment to [masked]. Add a 3.25% surcharge to total amount being charged...
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT FOR 10 NIGHTS ($575):
If you do not have a roommate or wish to have your own room- there is a single room supplement of $575 ($57.50 x 10 nights) that covers all 7 Nights Hotel Stays and 3 Nights on the Cruise- giving you a single room for all 10 Nights.
DELTA AIRLINES FLIGHT INFORMATION
BNA TO ATHENS GREECE: Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- DELTA Flt #6250: Depart BNA at 9:53am - Arrive NNYC LaGuardia (LGA) 1:00pm
- DELTA Flt # 411: Dep JFK 4:30pm Arr ATH 9:20am (Arrive Thur. Oct. 9th)
- 20 minute Shuttle Ride from LGA TO JFK Airport- is not included at $13.00 per person... I took the liberty of eliminating a double connection on this long travel day and flying non-stop into NYC Laguardia otherwise, we would have flown Nashville-Detroit-NYC JFK- Athens and left at 5:30am.
ATHENS TO NASHVILLE: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2014
- KLM Flt #1574: Depart Athens GR (ATH) 1:35pm - Arrive Amsterdam (AMS) 4:10pm
- KLM Flt #621: Depart Amsterdam (AMS) 5:00pm - Arrive Atlanta GA (ATL) 8:20pm
- DELTA Flt # 1709: Depart Atlanta GA (ATL) 10:50pm - Arrive Nashville TN (BNA) 10:52pm
(Arrive same day- Sun. 10/19/14)
Trip Cancellation Policy
After August 15, 2014- the cancellation fee increases to $500.00- as more non-refundable deposits are required for hotels, cruise, transportation and one-way flight from Santorini to Athens. There is no refund available with less than 45 Days notice.
WHAT IS FUN HAPPENINGS TRAVEL & ADVENTURE
Want to travel with a fun group, Meet New Friends, Discover new destinations and share travel experiences as a group!
Have a Bucket List of Places you want to Visit? MAKE IT MORE FUN AND TRAVEL WITH FRIENDS, as FUN HAPPENINGS offers members Fun, Affordable Group Trips to exciting and adventurous destinations.
Group Travel is less expensive, more fun, a great way to meet new people and less hassle, since you leave the travel planning to someone else. Fun Happenings handles the tedious work in planning a vacation- just show up with your passport, suitcase and a free spirit and meet some of your new best friends!
Fun Happenings Travel & Adventure has been around for over 5 years with over 850 persons joining over 10 trips... The trips are all word of mouth- with friends and friends of friends participating. If you're single... No worries- join the trip and either book a single room or Fun Happenings will help you find a roommate... If you're a couple- not a problem- as Fun Happenings Trips usually are a good mix of both singles and married/dating couples.
TO JOIN FUN HAPPENINGS TRAVEL & ADVENTURE MEETUP GO TO:
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR MAY 2013 GREEK ISLAND ADVENTURE
Exploring Mykonos and the Famous Windmills!
Exploring the village of Oia on Santorini
Michael and Bryan climbed to the top of Delos Island
Our group hiked one of the "Top 10 Hikes in the World"
from Fira to Oia on a scenic 7.2 mile hike.....
Bretto's Ouzo Bar in Athens Greece on our First Night!
Our Amazing 110' Brigatine Tall Ship "Thalassa" was our
ship for the afternoon and evening... What an incredible Day!
Views from our Sunset Caldera cruise....
Amazing views of Santorini....
Our Welcome Dinner in Athens at Acropol Taverna... OPA!
Lots of fun on our cruise ship- while we're island hopping!
What an incredible Trip! Our Farewell Dinner Party!