FUN HAPPENINGS TRAVEL PRESENTS A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
10 Day journey, exploring the Amalfi Coast, Rome and the Tuscany wine Region!
*** Offering a VIP Tour of the Vatican with reserved seating to see Pope Francis in person! ***
Our group will fly to Rome, Italy on Thursday, May 22nd... then take our private coach to Sorrento to use as our home base in touring the Amalfi Coast for 4 Nights / 5 days. Then moving onto Rome- we will explore Central Italy and Tuscany from Rome for another 4 nights / 5 days... so the trip is a total of 8 Nights / 10 days.
As similar to Fun Happenings' Greece Trip last May, I am working directly with a local tour company in Rome- so our group experiences a side of Italy, that most tourists never see... We'll have our own Private local Guide for entire trip- to help make the trip run smoothly and serve as our translator....
Our group will be immersing ourselves fully in the Italian Culture and Experience a side of Italy- like never before as we:
1.) Spend a day as a VIP at the Vatican and see Pope Francis in person!
2.) Participate in a cooking class in a local trattoria in Sorrento
3.) Pick grapes, then Stomp them at a local wine vineyard in Tuscany
4.) Learn the art of "Tossing Pizza- Italian Style" at a local pizzeria
5.) Explore the famous blue grotto caverns on the Isle of Capri!
6.) Tour Pompeii- one of the world's top Archaeological sites!
Thursday May 22nd to Saturday May 31st 2014
10 Days/ 8 Nights
AMALFI COAST- ONE OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING SCENIC REGIONS IN THE WORLD!
Stretching about 50km along the southwest coast of Italy, the Amalfi Coast is one of Europe's most visited regions! The breathtaking beauty with the Cliffs terraced with scented lemon groves sheer down into sparkling seas; colorful villas cling precariously to unforgiving slopes while sea and sky merge in one vast blue horizon.
• THIS TRIP IS OPEN TO JUST 45 PERSONS AND WILL SELL OUT!
Deadline to get on this trip is Friday, December 27th! Reserve your space today with an initial deposit or full payment <see payment details below:
Feel free to email me at [masked] - if you have any questions!
Get ready for a trip of a lifetime! Hope to see you in Italy!
10 DAY ITINERARY
Day 1 – Thursday, May 22: Depart US for Rome Italy (RT Air from BNA Available at additional cost - see Group Air Details below).
Day 2 – Friday, May 23 - Rome / Sorrento (INCLUDED WALKING TOUR OF SORRENTO): After arriving in Rome Friday morning, our group will be met by our Italian Tour Guide- who will be with us throughout the 10-day trip. We will travel by private coach to Sorrento Italy- where we’ll stay for the next 4 nights at The GRAND VESUVIO SORRENTO HOTEL - a classic 4-star hotel overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The famed Amalfi Coast or “Costiera Amalfitana” is a stunning coastline set along the rugged mountains and winds down the western coast of Italy from Sorrento to Salerno in the region of Campania. The drive along the Amalfi Coast is spectacular! Many miles of hairpin turns offer spectacular vistas with changing views of landscapes, charming fishing villages with brightly colored boats and colorful buildings nestled high above the coastline, contrasting dramatically with the brilliant blues of the Mediterranean waters. After check-in, our group will meet at the hotel’s pool-side terrace for a complimentary “Welcome Cocktail;” before we leave on a “Walking Tour of Sorrento” to orient ourselves with this beautiful city. Sorrento is indeed one of the most beautiful cities in Italy! This charming and quaint will serve as our home base to explore the Amalfi Coast for the next 5 days. Tonight our group dines at an authentic local restaurant, within walking distance of the hotel for a “Welcome to Italia Dinner”, where we’ll enjoy live traditional Italian music and wine with dinner. The Campania Region of Italy is synonymous with fine cuisine made of regional fresh products. We’ll enjoy a mix of Neapolitan and Southern Italian cuisine tonight, that may remind you of your Italian Grandma’s recipes. (Included Today: Private Transfer to Sorrento, Welcome Cocktail, Walking Tour of Sorrento, Welcome Dinner in Sorrento)
Day 3 – Saturday May 24 Sorrento/Amalfi Coast (INCLUDED FULL-DAY AMALFI/WINERY TOUR): After breakfast, join our group for an INCLUDED FULL DAY EXCURSION exploring the enchanting towns along the picturesque Costiera Amalfitana. As we make our way to Amalfi, we will visit Positano, with its buildings, clinging to the rocks. We reach Amalfi, whose origins date back to both the Roman and Byzantine Empires. It once rivaled Genoa and Pisa in its maritime importance and still retains its fishing traditions today. We’ll continue onto Ravello, one of the most attractive destinations on the Amalfi Coast, with a population of around 2,000; the settlement perches high above Amalfi, overlooking the Mediterranean. A renowned musical festival is held in Ravello every year, with classical music concerts taking place in gardens with breathtaking views. Visit Villa Rufolo (admission included) and the medieval cathedral. Our group today will visit a local winery overlooking the blue sea and we’ll learn about their production and taste some of their exquisite wines. We return to Sorrento in the late afternoon to enjoy an Authentic Italian Pizzeria Dinner! Tonight, our group will enjoy dinner at an authentic Pizzeria in Sorrento- where everything is made from scratch and the pizza is known all over the world! We’ll learn the “Art of Pizza Tossing & Making- Italian Style”…. MAMA MIA! (Included Today: Breakfast, Full Day Amalfi Coast/Winery Tour, Admission to Villa Rufolo, Dinner at authentic Sorrento Pizzeria)
Day4 – Sunday May 25 Sorrento / Isle of Capri: We recommend that you join us for an optional tour to the Famous Isle of Capri today for an experience of a lifetime! Capri is one of the most scenic islands in the world! After breakfast, we’ll head to Sorrento’s harbor to catch our high-speed hovercraft to Capri. Upon arrival to the port of Capri, we’ll transfer by minibus to Anacapri. You'll have free time to visit Villa San Michele, located on the northeastern side of Anacapri, the home of Swedish doctor and writer Axel Munthe. Return to Capri for lunch on your own. In the early afternoon, take a walk to Augustus' Gardens and have free time to visit the World Famous Blue Grotto before returning to Sorrento and your hotel for an evening in Sorrento at your leisure. (Optional Tour –8 hrs - Pricing is being negotiated and released soon) (Included Today: Breakfast)
Day 5 – Monday May 26 Sorrento: After breakfast enjoy the day at leisure in Sorrento or join our group for a choice of two optional tours to continue your discovery of the enchanting Amalfi region. (Included Today: Breakfast)
1. Optional Tour Paestum & Mozzarella Demonstration & Lunch: With its impressive and solemn churches and its splendidly preserved walls, Paestum is one of the most famous and important archaeological sites in Italy. The ruins of Paestum include the walls, four majestic and well-preserved temples, other religious buildings, the amphitheatre and the Via Sacra, in addition to other minor remains. The area is also famous as producer of the best Buffalo Mozzarella, before visiting the excavations we will stop at an authentic Mozzarella Cheese factory for a demonstration, you will enjoy a personalized tour of the cheese factory, see an authentic mozzarella cheese demonstration and learn how it has been produced, from the first drop of milk to the final product enjoy a fabulous lunch made with their fresh products. (Optional Full day Tour – 7 hrs - Pricing is being negotiated and released soon)
2. Optional Tour - Cooking Experience in Sorrento: Are you a Foodie? Love to Cook? Have fun today with a cooking experience; this is a must in Italy, you will return home with some great recipes. The Campania Region is well renowned for its culinary traditions. Spend the day immersed in the countryside and learn the secrets of the regional cuisine. Choose the finest and freshest ingredients and observe the chef as he teaches you how to prepare the delicious meal you will enjoy for lunch. (Optional Cooking class including lunch – 5 hrs approx - Pricing is being negotiated and released soon)
Day 6 – Tuesday May 27 Sorrento, Pompeii / Naples / Rome (INCLUDED POMPEII, NAPLES & ROME TOURS): Today we leave the Campania Region and depart for Rome. Get ready for a journey into history, art, culture and traditions. En route, we will visit Pompeii with our historian local guide. Pompeii is Italy’s most Famous and Unique archaeological site. Frozen in time when the city was buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in A.D. 79, Pompeii is now, a World Heritage site. Its excavation has provided a picture of life during the height of the Roman Empire. From Pompeii we continue to Naples. As the capital of the Campania region, Naples is known for its history, art, culture. We will tour Naples by coach with stops that include Old Town, the magic view from Posillipo, Piazza del Plebiscito and the Maschio Angioino. After lunch in Naples, we depart for Rome. Upon arrival in Rome, our group will enjoy a Panoramic coach tour of the Eternal City featuring some of the most important sites and monuments. After arriving at our Classical Roman 4-star hotel- THE MORGANA HOTEL – we’ll enjoy a complimentary “Welcome Cocktail” in their bar area. Our Rome Hotel is located in one of the most beautiful central areas of Rome, walking distance to the Collesium, The Forum and The Spanish Steps. Overnight in Rome for next 4 Nights. (Included Today: Breakfast, Tour of Pompeii & Naples with admission, Panoramic City Tour of Rome, Welcome Cocktail in Rome)
Day 7 – Wednesday May 28 Rome – Spend the Day at Leisure in Rome or Join a VIP BEHIND-THE-SCENES TOUR OF THE VATICAN WITH RESERVED SEATING FOR AN AUDIENCE WITH POPE FRANCIS I (Optional Tour): I worked directly with The Vatican to set this up! Our VIP Seats are Reserved for this ONCE IN A LIFETIME LIVE EXPERIENCE TO SEE POPE FRANCIS UP CLOSE AS HE DELIVERS HIS PAPAL MESSAGE! Audience members are free to join in prayer with the Pope or simply sit back and observe this amazing spiritual tradition.
Our Behind-the-Scenes VIP Tour of The Vatican includes:
- Reserved VIP seating at Papal Audience with Pope Francis I
- Headsets to interpret the Papal Message
- VIP Skip-the-Line Privileged Access to the Vatican
- Private Vatican Guide- touring Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basillica.
"Continued Day 7 – Wednesday May 28 Rome – The Vatican Museums and their immense wealth of art, resulting from centuries of Papal collections, offer an extraordinary experience. See the great masterpieces of Michelangelo, “The Last Judgement” in the Sistine Chapel. End the tour visiting St. Peter’s Basilica to admire the art treasures of the largest Roman Catholic Church in the world; including Michelangelo’s Pietà. (Appropriate conservative attire is required no shorts or sleeveless tops for Audience with Pope and to enter St. Peter’s Basillica). Enjoy late afternoon and evening at leisure in Rome- exploring the quaint shops, cafes and galleries in the neighborhood of our hotel. Enjoy a memorable night at dinner with friends made on the trip and enjoy Rome’s great nightlife! (Included Today: Breakfast) (Optional Tour Pricing is being negotiated and released soon)
Day 8 –Thursday May 29 Rome – Tuscany Wine Country Tour (Optional Tour): Enjoy a full day at leisure in Rome or join our group for an optional tour to the Famous Tuscany Wine Country of Italy. (Included Today: Breakfast) (Optional Tour Pricing is being negotiated and released soon)
Optional Tour to Tuscany: Explore the Best Areas of Tuscany on a Full-Day trip from Rome! Travel to the stunning Val d'Orcia region, south of Siena, you'll be introduced to a beautiful landscape where medieval towns cling to sunny hills and rustic farms adorn the countryside. With our own local Tuscany guide, our group will visit Montelpulciano, Montalcino and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pienza, sampling fine wines and local delicacies as you go!
- Visit Val d'Orcia in Tuscany on a day trip from Rome
- Take a walking tour around the medieval hill-town of Montepulciano
- Visit Sant' Antimo Abbey, and enjoy views over the vineyards of Montalcino
- Try some “Grape Stomping” at a local winery (just like Lucy did J )
- Relax with a locally produced 3-course lunch on a Tuscan farm
- Sample regional wines, including the famous Brunello di Montalcino
- Spend time at leisure in Pienza, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day 9 – Friday May 30 Rome / Imperial Rome, Squares and Fountains (INCLUDED ROME TOUR): After breakfast we start exploring the magnificence of the eternal city. In the morning enjoy a guided tour of Imperial Rome, the Rome of the Caesars. Visit the Roman Forum, the most important archaeological area in the city and once the center of the public life; visit the Colosseum, the most famous monument of ancient Rome and an impressive testament to her past greatness. After lunch on your own, we continue our discovery; see the Pantheon with its intact perfectly proportioned dome built between AD118 and 125. Continue to Piazza Navona, one of Rome’s grandest squares, known as much for its street performers and sketch artists as for its Bernini fountains. Take a pleasant stroll through the historical centre to admire Via dei Coronari (the Antiquarians Road), Palazzo Madama - seat of the senate, La Colonna di Marco Aurelio, the Palazzo di Montecitorio, designed by Bernini. Our tour ends at the magnificent Trevi Fountain, throw a coin if you wish to come back to Rome again! Your tour includes entrance to the Roman Forum, Colosseum, with VIP Tickets- to avoid lines with pre-assigned reservations. Tonight is our “FAREWELL TO ITALY DINNER” at a local restaurant, Roman cuisine will be the best farewell to celebrate our memorable times in Italy! (Included Today: Breakfast, Full Day Tour of Imperial Rome, Squares & Fountains and Farewell Dinner authentic Rome restaurant)
Day 10 – Saturday Jun 1st Rome/ United States: After breakfast- Depart for the Rome Airport for your return flight to US. (Included Today: Breakfast)
LAND PACKAGE INCLUDES:
· 8 nights- 4-star Superior hotels with breakfast daily (4 nts Sorrento/4 nts Rome)
· 12 Meals Included (3 dinners / 8 full American breakfasts)
· 4 Guided Tours included as per program (Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Naples, 2 Tours in Rome)
· Entrance to The Coliseum and Roman Forum, Pompeii, Villa Rufolo
· Introduction Walking Tour of Sorrento upon Arrival
· Panoramic City Tour of Rome upon Arrival
· Welcome Cocktails in Rome & Sorrento upon Arrival at hotel
· Private Local Tour Guide dedicated to Fun Happenings throughout entire trip
· Deluxe Private Coach for Transfers, tours and excursions
· Headphones on guided tours
· Baggage Porterage on transfers, hotels
· All VAT and local service taxes, City taxes
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN LAND PACKAGE:
· Optional Tours (Isle of Capri, Paestum & Mozzarella Cheese Factory, Cooking Class, Papal Audience & Private VIP Tour of Vatican, Tuscany Wine Tour)
· Lunches and dinners not specified in itinerary
· Trip/medical insurance, souvenirs, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages not specified, guide tips.
The selection and location of hotels on this trip have been hand selected- as they are strategically located in safe, popular central areas- walking distance to popular sites in Sorrento and Rome.... You will find less expensive hotels in Italy are very unpredictable- sometimes in unsafe areas and in outlying areas...
THE GRAND VESUVIO SORRENTO - A 4-Star Classic Amalfian Hotel with magnificent views of the Mediterranean Sea!
The Grand Hotel Vesuvio, built and furnished in a modern style, is located in a charming position, overlooking the enchanting Bay of Naples and right opposite Vesuvius. The classic Amalfian coast hotel offers large swimming pools with separate section for children, gardens, extensive lemon and orange groves, wide lounges, conference rooms, garage, parking, solarium and a free shuttle bus into town... The views from this vantage point are some of the most beautiful on the Amalfi Coast!
Hotel’s website: http://www.vesuviosorrento.com/en/
Hotel Grand Vesuvio Sorrento
HOTEL MORGANA- A quaint, Boutique Style 4-star Hotel in the heart of Rome!
Among the hotels in Rome city center, Hotel Morgana is probably one of the most convenient central Rome accommodation being situated in the very heart of historical city. The Classical Roman 121-room hotel is ideally positioned for both business and leisure travelers; within walking distance of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and Termini rail station. Rome's main shopping district and famous archaeological sites are also found nearby and are easily accessible via the near underground and bus services.
The welcoming hotel’s staff will be at your disposal to help you spend a perfect stay in Rome: they will assist you in arranging your free time and recommend the best local spots in the neighborhood to explore! excursions, guided tours and more. They will give you all the best suggestions about the neighborhood’s best authentic restaurants, museums or nightlife in the area. The hotel’s guest rooms are elegant, comfortable and decorated in classical furnishings. The Morgana Hotel is rated with 4 stars with an incredible central location- where all of Rome’s great sights are within walking distance.
Hotel’s website: http://www.hotelmorgana.com/en
* Hotels may be subject change, based on availability and size of group, but our hotels are guaranteed to be 4-star hotels in Sorrento and Rome.
LAND PACKAGE PRICE:
· $[masked] per person in Double Occupancy Room- If paid in full by check.
· $[masked] if paid in 5 installments over 5 months
o $450 due Now (before December 27th)
o $325 due January 17th
o $325 due February 17th
o $325 due March 14th
o $270 Final Payment Due April 11th
ROUND TRIP AIRFARE FROM NASHVILLE TO ROME (VIA US AIRWAYS):
- $[masked] with minimal layovers through Charlotte NC (US Air vouchers may be used to offset fare)
- For those that have a US Airways voucher from the May 2013 Greece Trip- the full voucher amount can be used toward the $[masked] airfare- reducing the airfare to $692.51. I will need voucher information, record locator and ticket # to credit voucher to purchase of airfare.
- Deposit of $200 is due immediately to secure this airfare (LIMITED TO THE FIRST 45 PERSONS THAT PURCHASE FUN HAPPENINGS GROUP AIR).
GROUP AIR - FLIGHT ITINERARY
CARRIER FLIGHT# DATE DEP/TIME ARR/TIME
US Airways 2858 5/22/14 BNA/12:55PM CLT/3:10PM
US Airways 720 5/22/14 CLT/6:20PM FCO/9:45AM
US Airways 721 5/31/14 FCO/11:20AM CLT/4:00PM
US Airways 1867 5/31/14 CLT/7:50PM BNA/8:03PM
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT (Fun Happenings can certainly help you find a roommate- if you prefer to not pay the Single Supplement):
$610.00 additional for a Single Room for all 8 Nights
PAYMENT TO FUN HAPPENINGS
All payments shall be payable to Fun Happenings before the dates above and mailed to:
PO Box 322
Brentwood TN 37024
Have any questions, clarifications… please email me at [masked].
Hope you can make this Amazing Once in a Lifetime Trip!
Fun Happenings Travel & Adventure