June 25, 2014 · 7:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
This is a game for novice to intermediate level players. We're low-key, friendly and we don't take ourselves too seriously. We play in my home in the Castro/Dolores Park neighborhood every other Wednesday evening. I have a table for 8 so RSVP early to reserve a seat. If it's already full you can put your name on the waiting list. Come around 7:20-7:25 to say hello and we'll start the game at 7:30. We play no-limit Hold'em. The rules are pretty straightforward:
• $10 buy-in, 25c/50c blinds. Minimum bet is 50c
• No restrictions on increasing a raise (it doesn't have to match the previous raise)
• Blinds and bet limits stay flat (no increase at the turn or through the evening)
• Re-buys (2 max) only if/when you loose all the chips in front of you
• The game ends at 10:30. That's when everyone (who's still in the game) cashes in. If you're owed more than an even dollar, I'll gratefully accept the change to help cover the Meetup fees.
I kindly request that we refrain from using phones at the table and that you take all garbage & recycling with you.
I don't do drinks but feel free to bring something if you want. I have 2 friendly cats and there are 45 stairs to climb to get here.
RSVPs open 13 days before the next game and close at 5pm the day of the game.
I'm looking forward to seeing you!