This is an eight-person no-limit cash game (not tournament-style) for people who live or work in San Francisco. Our players have some experience, but the buy-in/betting structure doesn't suit highly-skilled players. We're low-key, friendly and we don't take ourselves too seriously. We play in my home in the Castro/Dolores Park neighborhood every other Wednesday evening from 7:30 - 10:30. RSVPs open 13 days prior to each game - if it's already full join the waitlist.
Please note: there are a lot of good poker Meetups in the Bay area now - each a little different. This particular game is one that occurs regularly, at the same time and at the same place with (almost always) a full table of eight, That’s something you can count on. Along the same lines, our game is suited to people who want to play fairly regularly and who will reliably attend when they’ve signed up to play. That’s only fair, right?
I ask that players sign up for games only when they’re 99% sure they will attend. If someone’s work/life schedule doesn’t allow them to make firm plans then that won’t work for this group. Players also need to have whatever modern technology and whatever settings it takes to receive Organizer messages and respond to them in a timely manner.
I'm limited to 49 members in this group so I remove people who aren’t able to meet these requirements - which is fair for those who do.
Come around 7:20-7:25 to say hello and we'll start the game right at 7:30. We play no-limit Hold'em and our house rules are pretty straightforward:
• $10 buy-in. 25c/50c blinds. Minimum bet is 50c
• No restrictions on increasing a raise (it doesn't have to match the previous raise)
• Blinds and bet limits stay flat (no increase at the turn or through the evening)
• Re-buys (2 max) only if/when you loose all the chips in front of you
• The game ends at 10:30. That's when everyone cashes out (it's impolite to cash out early). : ) If you're owed more than an even dollar amount, I'll gratefully accept the change to help cover the Meetup fees.
I kindly request that players refrain from using phones at the table and that you take all garbage & recycling with you.
I don't do drinks but feel free to bring something for yourself if you want. I have 2 friendly cats and there are 45 stairs to climb to get here.