This Ottawa swing dance night is a weekly event - come swing dance with us every Saturday night!
Going to dances like this is part of Funabalu's highly innovative dance program plan for singles only. In combination with our Tuesday Swing Dance lesson, you will accelerate your learning curve, to gain the confidence for dancing throughout the winter, having fun & meeting new singles.
- Where? 151 Chapel St. (at Rideau Street, doors at the north end of the building where the parking lot is)
- Who? Everyone - all ages (teenagers to seniors)
- What about beginners? There's a beginner lesson.
- When? 8:15pm-9:00pm beginner lesson, 9:00pm-1:00am dancing.
- Admission? Only $7 ($5 for students/seniors) — except for bands (usually $12 or $10 for students/seniors) and special events.
- Saturday Night Swing: More Info
Through our swing dance program, you meet people you can dance with at this and other events around town, when we visit as a group. The Funabalu swing dance group approach means that our members have people they know to dance with, so you get practice and learn quickly. Just when you are ready to stop, someone you know already asks you to dance again, encouraging you to dance and learn more than you would on your own.
It was designed for singles like us in mind. And, we have a balanced number of men to women, which means women always have guys they know to dance with at these outings where there are often more women than men, who don't have such an advantage to dance more frequently. It is good for guys, because the women you will dance with in our program, are at the same level and supportive of your learning to lead on the dance floor, whereas strangers you may dance with can be at different levels of expertise and can intimidate beginners. Truly, we provide a social dance support network that works!
The more dancing, the faster you learn. I suggest you go as often as you can, leading up to the Christmas & New Years party season, as a way to prepare yourself for what will be a fun season ahead. (Read below if you are curious about our innovative Funabalu swing dance program , that will get you dancing and having fun more quickly than other programs.)
Ottawa's Saturday Night Swing dance features great jazz and blues music for all styles of swing dancing, and frequent special events. Whether you're a total beginner, or if you enjoy Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Balboa, Shag or even Blues dancing, you'll love the great swing music and the fun people!
FREE Swing Dancing Lesson At 8:15pm!
Learn to swing dance in less than an hour with Ottawa's All-Star Swing Dance teachers !
- Address: 151 Chapel St.
- Doors Open: Doors open at 8:00pm
- Beginner Lesson & Special Lesson: 8:15pm
- Dancing: 9:00pm-1am
- Dress Code: Night on the Town
- Note: Please bring a change of shoes to dance in!
- Admission: $7 ($5 for students)
- Special Events: With a live band! $12 ($10 for students). Prices may vary - check the calendar for details!
We have frequent contests at Saturday Night Swing, from serious swing dance competitions to silly contests. Learn about some of our past contests.
Need to know how to get there?
Come check out the directions and maps: Get to Saturday Night Swing!