align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Functional escape from the imperative world Message Board › Meetup torsdag flyttet til 29.august

Meetup torsdag flyttet til 29.august

Finn Espen G.
user 46714832
Group Organizer
Stavanger, NO
Beklager endringen, men flere meldte at de kunne komme om det var utenfor ferietiden. Her er litt info om møtet:

ABOUT THE PRESENTATION
I'll present why Scheme, being a dialect of Lisp, has been called a "programmable programming language".
TARGET AUDIENCE
From feeble novices to experts.
There should be interesting stuff to people coming from other languages as well: JavaScript, Java, C#, C/C++, Python, Perl, PHP, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Mind-blowing stuff. You'll be able to see THE MATRIX with your own eyes and use that to be a better programming in YOUR favourite language.
CONTENTS
I'll show how programming language features such as exception handling, object-orientation, goto (yes, goto) can be implemented as PURE scheme libraries, so that you can type
(import (exception-handling))
(import (goto))
in Scheme. All examples are short (~25 lines) and actually work!
FOR NOVICES, REALLY?
YES! I'll explain everything you need to know. It's gonna be easy!