What:: GASP Games Day
Where:: Holy Family Manor
When:: 2nd Saturday of the month, 10am to 11pm
Cost:: $5 (first time attendees are free)
GASP meets once per month for our Game Days (twice in March this year). It is the 2nd Saturday of the month (barring any scheduling conflict), and the location is the Holy Family Manor, near West View and Bellevue in the North Hills. It is about 10 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, via I279 North and the Perrysville exit. This venue offers spacious rental facilities at a reasonable price.
For March we are running a Fantasy Flight Games Store Championship tournament for Netrunner, so we decided to open the remaining gaming space for general use.
GASP is not affiliated with any religious organization. Like our friend Amy Farrah Fowler, we don’t object to the concept of a deity, but we’re baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
- January 11th
- February 8th
- March 8th and 22nd (all Knights and yearly payees get in free March 22nd)
- April 12th
- May 10th
- June 14th
- July 12th
- August 9th
- September 13th
- October 11th
- November – No Games Day due to GASPcon
- December 13th
Directions are located at www.gaspgamer.com.
Game Days run from 10am till 11pm, and are open to everyone. There is a small fee per person ($5) to attend Games Day, to cover the cost of the rental hall. This fee is waived for all first-time attendees. The fee will be collected when you arrive, and will grant access to all the games contributed by our members, for use that day.
Speaking of games, there are always a multitude of board, card, role-playing, and miniature games being played on any given Game Day, but a few events are near constants.
- Our Multi-Player Magic League runs each Game Day, starting around 11am. It’s a league that runs Jan-Oct. There is a second league starting at 4:30PM with modified rules and decks.
- Several RPG campaigns are also run each Game Day, including our "One-Shot Saturdays", stand-alone adventures run by various GMs each month.
- There are several miniature games that regularly appear at each Game Day. These vary each month, but some examples are X-Wing, Lord of the Rings, Firestorm Armada, Dystopian Wars, Axis and Allies: War at Sea & Angels 20, BattleTech, AT-43, Infinity, and others.
- Don’t forget our extensive board game contingent. You can always find players for a board game, whether you bring your own or try out one of the many titles our BGers own and bring each month to our Games Library.
We ask that everyone attending our Game Days brings something along as a snack and/or drink, for the community to share in. The facility has a full kitchen, so items that need refrigerated are OK. Most people bring some soda, chips, cookies, veggie tray, etc. This helps everyone have a good time without worrying about snacks or drinks. We do place a group pizza order around 4PM for those interested. The cost is $5 and this gets you 4 slices of pizza (various toppings). Our members really like this, as it frees them from having to disrupt their games just to get some dinner. There are also plenty of other food options in the nearby West View shopping centers.
See you at Games Day!
Holy Family Manor
301 Bellevue Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15229