July 22, 2012 · 3:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Jim Berenholtz is an Ethnomusicologist, Ceremonial Artist, Author and Painter. Jim will provide a multi-media exploration of human communication from ancient to modern times - from sound, art, spoken and written word to new technologies. Jim will share his experiences living and studying with native cultures around the world to illuminate how an intimate connection with nature is foundational to how they communicate. In contrast, we will look at where that puts us now. How are changes in our communication changing us as a species?
You can read more about Jim at www.jimberenholtz.com
• The presentation will take place from 3pm to 6pm (presentation 3 to 4:30, social mixer 4:30 to 6pm). You can get more information on our event listing on our website at www.sfghc.org
• The presentations are participatory, or include demonstrations
• Please be on time out of respect for the presenter.
• We will offer "potluck" snacks during the social hour, so any food you bring for the social portion of the meeting is always appreciated.
• Our meetings are open to anyone who wants to attend, so please bring friends.
• We do not allow presenters to market their services during presentations. HOWEVER, everyone is welcome to bring cards and promotional materials and display them at the meeting.
GHC meetings are open to anyone who wants to attend. Please bring friends. We hope to see you there.