Beginning programmers and people who manage programmers can learn the basics of iPhone and Android in this set of introductory mobile classes. The iPhone class is scheduled for Friday, September 24 from 6:00PM to 10:00PM. The Android class is scheduled for Monday, September 27 from 6:00PM to 10:00PM. Both classes are at Hacker Dojo in Mountain View.
You can register for both the iPhone and Android classes or can register for just the iPhone class or Android class individually.
- Are you interested in learning more about the nuts and bolts of the iPhone and Android OS, the two hottest mobile platforms today?
- Do you manage software projects that use iPhone or Android and want to learn more about the platforms?
- Are you interested in learning to program iPhone or Android?
Bess Ho will teach the basics of iPhone programming including
- Creating iPhone and iPad templates in Xcode projects
- Objective-C & Debugging
- MVC model & Frameworks
- Variable Instances, Properties, Methods
- ViewController & Memory Management
- Xcode & Interface Builder
- Calendar, Date, Timer
- Image, Audio, Animation, WebView
Georgi Dagnall will teach the basics of Android including
- Setting up Eclipse to create and run Android projects
- Lifecycle of an Activity
- Intents, Services and Broadcast Receiver
- Techniques for debugging Android projects
- Screen layouts and multiple device screens
- Integrating maps and determining location
- Uploading apps to the Android Market
If you have more questions, just reply to this email.
See you in class,
Preregistration for both the iPhone and Android classes together cost $50 per student. The iPhone and Android class individually are $30 per student for preregistration. The classes individually are $40 at the door. To register or read about the classes, go to http://iphoneandroidsept2010.eventbrite.com/.