Let's get together and talk about the interesting things that came out of Google I/O! We'll also talk a bit about chrome web apps and next topic workshops (AngularJS|Go|something new)
Join or login to comment.
Udacity Android Course
Here're details: http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2014/07/learn-to-think-like-android-developer.html
Let's discuss about a study session here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115688318820890489834
1 · July 15, 2014
As I discuss in the meeting, I have a collection of Android Wear reviews:http://www.computingcompendium.com/2014/07/a-collection-of-android-wear-reviews.htmlThere are now 30 of them. Really none of them recommend normal users buy an Android Wear watch, though 2 of them come close. The vast majority either say it's good for early adopters or not to buy it at all.More than 90% say Android Wear is the most promising smartwatch platform to date. Most are optimistic about its future after a year or two of updates. The remaining 10% are betting on Apple (an odd thing to do really as it's not out yet and Apple's recent track record is far from stellar).
0 · July 10, 2014
Also, a mind-bending talk by Ray Kurzweil from Google I/Ohttps://www.google.com/events/io/io14videos/4bdebcad-11da-e311-b297-00155d5066d7
1 · July 9, 2014
followup: here is the Android series from Courserahttp://bit.ly/1ra1Zi8
Here's a discussion topic with I/O roundup notes: http://www.meetup.com/GDGNoCo/messages/boards/thread/45531552/#[masked]
0 · July 9, 2014
Help support your Meetup
We're striving to have both enthusiast/beginner discussions as well as developer-oriented topics.
Come join us at our next monthly meetup - typically held the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Connect with us:
Interested in reviewing a book? Let us know and we'll provide a copy!
285 .NET Enthusiasts
217 IT Pros
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers
Meetup members, Log in