Maker Camp Week 2 will be at the Cultural Alliance (727 Pine Street in Long Beach) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday and Thursday will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Friday will be from 11:00 to noon.
We will have one or two demonstration models, but please bring supplies for your child (see below), if you want to ensure small groups. $5 facilities donation suggested.
Wind Triggered Lantern
Simple LightUp Hoodie
- EL wire extension cord Adafruit #616, adafruit.com
- Pocket-sized EL inverter, 4×AAA or 2×AA Adafruit recommends the more powerful 4×AAA inverter (Adafruit #564), but I used a 2×AA inverter (Adafruit #317) because it’s quieter, and I didn’t notice a drop in brightness.
- Velcro tape, 1/2″ or 3/4″ wide, about 40 inches enough to match the EL tape. It’s good to use the sticky-back type of velcro, but if not, you can use glue.
- Electroluminescent (EL) tape strip, about 40 inches Adafruit #415. I went with “good guy” blue.
- Sweatshirt with large hood
- Batteries, rechargeable The EL tape drains the batteries in about 5–6 hours, so it’s worth investing in some rechargeable batteries.
No materials needed. Virtual Field Trip.