Bouldering is a form of rock climbing which takes place on boulders and other small rock formations, usually measuring less than 20 feet from ground to top. Bouldering routes or "problems" require the climber to reach the top of a boulder, usually from a specified start position. Some boulder problems, known as "traverses," require the climber to climb horizontally from one position to another.
Climber : Shariq, Photographer : Premson
Bouldering is climbing in its simplest form. The reasons for its popularity are clear:
• It requires the least amount of gear: A pair of rock shoes, maybe some chalk and a landing pad and you're good to go.
• It's accessible: You can go bouldering outdoors wherever you can find some solid rock.
Climber : Jamila, Photographer : Premson
This meetup event is intended for both beginners and advanced level climbers.
We start with a warm up session and easier boulders for beginners. We will continue to climb till we are tired. Everybody would try at least one hard boulder which is at least one level higher than their capability.
Climber : Devender, Photographer : Premson
Climbers with their own Climbing shoes =Rs 50.
Climbers using club Climbing shoes= Rs 150.
Only club contribution is waived(Rs. 50) for climbing/mountaineering organizers.
No, we won't be providing any melons. Please bring your own melons.
Please RSVP only if you are sure.
Things to bring:
1) Rock climbing shoe if you have one. Club has shoes for 6,7.5, 8, 8.5 and 11.
2) A sun hat/cap, Sun shades. Sun screen.
3) At least 2 litres of water(MUST). Do not expect anyone to share their water with you. Any energy drinks would be of great help as well.
4) Chalk powder (Optional) (You get it in Regal sports, Secunderabad near Chermas. Ask for gym chalk).
5) Chalk bag (Optional).
6) Come in full track pants or shorts and T shirts.
7) Wear Chappal/ Sandals so that it is convenient to frequently switch to climbing shoes.
Please call the below Organizer to know the meetup point route.