"At first glance, rock climbing seems complicated, difficult and dangerous. But climbers also look seriously fit, ripped, flexible... and insanely cool."
Sport climbing is a form of rock climbing that relies on permanent anchors fixed to the rock, and possibly bolts, for protection. Since the need to place protection is virtually eliminated, sport climbing places an emphasis on gymnastic-like ability, strength, and endurance. Artificial means are used primarily for safety rather than to make upward progress, sport climbing is considered a form of free climbing.
Location: Shameerrpet - Temple on the Hill (Venkateshwara Swami Temple)
How to get there: Take the second left after you cross shamirpet lake. (Theres a statue of Gandhi at the road entrance), Follow the road to the top of the hill to the temple. We will be behind the temple.
The club has a limited number of shoes in the following sizes:5,6,7.5, 8, 8.5,11 and 12. So I suggest you bring some tight fitting canvas shoes if your size isnt present
Session starts with a warm up for everybody for 15 minutes.
This is not a Bouldering or Scrambling event, but anyone can join, this is not strictly for climbers.
2 Routes will be setup, an easy and a slightly more difficult route, you can try both.
Things to bring:
1) Rock climbing shoe if you have one. Club has shoes for 5,6,7.5, 8, 8.5,11 and 12. You will be asked to contribute to shoes only if you needed use club shoes.
2) A hat/cap, Sun shades. Sun screen.
3) At least 2 litres of water(MUST). Do not expect anyone to share their water with you. Any energy drinks would be of great help as well.
4) Come in full track pants or shorts and T shirts.
5) Wear Slippers / Sandals so that it is convenient to frequently switch to your climbing shoes.
- Do not RSVP if you are not sure about attending. You must answer all the questions.
- I would move members who own their shoe to the Yes list regardless the size. Please dont complain. Meetup size will be increased accordingly.
- YOU MUST ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS TO CONFIRM YOUR RSVP
- If we don't have shoe for your size, you can still come over. However, you wouldnt be required to pay contribution.
All GHAC Meetup Guidelines Apply : http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Club_Guidelines
Contact: Mel @ [masked] | [masked]