align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
Rudy
user 8179375
Litchfield, CT
Post #: 2
What Linux Server do you recommend??
Michael T.
mrtrosen
Brighton, MA
Post #: 2
Hi,

I use ubuntu exclusively for all the projects I work on, and it has worked very well for me. If I didn't use ubuntu, I'd use debian.

Michael
BobMCT
BobMCT
Marlborough, CT
Post #: 7
I second Michael's recommendation of Ubuntu server edition. I run a couple and use webmin to provide a (sort of) graphical administration facility. If you are planning on running a web server I'd highly recommend installing XAMPP onto Ubuntu for a great combination.

Bob
Luis
user 9696736
Newington, CT
Post #: 15
Not to hijack this thread, but do you folks happen to have any documentation(s) (how-tos, whitepapers, etc...) on how to secure an Apache 2.2 web server running on Debian 5 (Lenny) linux distro?