December 5 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
We have been invited again to help and attend a Holiday party for high functioning teens through the Phoenix Autism Organization.
There are probably going to be about 20 tweens teens average at the holiday party. Some volunteers will watch the kids would be great and others will be needed to help with taking pictures with Santa.
They will have the Games2U truck and lazer tag for kids entertainment. They also exchange small gifts and typically lose their gifts so we have to have some way of safeguarding them (last yr was the first year they exchanged and they learned this the hard way). At the end they sing Christmas songs-jingle bells and more religious neutral ones.
This should be a really fun and rewarding experience.
Please wear your GIVE shirts and the minimum age to volunteer is 18 years old.
Here is some information about the event.
We have been asked to:
1. Make 6 food plates from our main room buffet and get them to some of our adult volunteers.
2. Two volunteers will go to older kid's tween teen room
to help Dirk and Devon.
3. Three volunteers will go to younger kid's room to help Jennifer and Kaylee. In the kid's room, the leaders will direct the girls.
4. We will be helping to get the kids safely to the laser tag area, Santa area, and game truck.
5. We will also assist at getting the younger kid's with their food. We also might give out gift bags that have been made.
6. Near the end, we need help with small cleanup it will help, such as picking
up trash on the floor, etc. that will help everyone get home sooner.
Ask for Janet or Sharon Hayes whose cell is [masked] (text or call if she has any
7601 E Shea Blvd, park in back, be there by 5:30 and leave by
> 8:15 Main room is E102 which is ne side of church campus.
Janet will be our GIVE team lead at the event, thank you!